Sleeping Birdie

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone could give me the cast and song/scene line up of 'Sleeping Birdie'? The only characters I've heard of being in it are Big Bird, Tee Hee, Queen Yellow, and the Amazing Mumford(probably the ONLY SSL show he ever appeared in!).

StarrFilter

Reaction score
SLEEPING BIRDIE CAST:
Big Bird, Tee Hee, Super Grover, Bert, Ernie, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Prairie Dawn, The Count, Oscar, Telly, The Amazing Mumphord, The Yellow Queen, Green Honker, Gold Honker (tall understudy), Grundgetta (medium understudy), Rhoda (small understudy)

Act I:
Once Upon A Time (opening number)

Imaginary Postcards (Big Bird writes to his old friend Tee Hee from the show "Big Bird and the ABC's" about his 8 balls of fur)

Eight Balls of Fur (Blacklight number)

March of the Crayons (Tee Hee writes back about her planet... more blacklight)

Monster in the Mirror (Grover, Elmo, and Cookie appear in the Yellow Queens mirror and tell her that she is not the yellowest of them all)

For the Birds (Tee Hee and the Yellow Queen arrive on Sesame Street... Big production number about birds... makes Yellow Queen even more jealous)

Purple Polka Dots (The Yellow Queen cast a spell on Big Bird to put him to sleep while she mixes a magic postion to turn him Purple-Polka-Dotty... His muppet friends sing a really cool song (from what I remember) about the purple polka dots. They then realize what the queen is really up too.

Act II:
Big Noise on Sesame Street (The muppets make a lot of noise trying to get Big Bird to wake up. I remember at one point during this song Elmo came out on a motorcycle and tried to get the audience to make motorcycle noises.) PS. This plan doesn't work. LOL!

At the Library ( Super Grover suggests that they go to the Library to figure out how to wake Big Bird Up) The perform a dance to Marian the Librarian from the musical "The Music Man"

Rock and Roll Readers (They sing about reading. Tee Hee finds a book appropriately titled "How to wake an 8 ft tall Yellow Bird before he's turned Purple Polka-Dotty" The answer is to get Hundreds of Princes and Princess' to kiss him... )

Prince and Princess' Rap (A Really cool rap song in which the muppets try to figure out where to find hundreds of princes and princess' .... obviously in the audience. Once they figure that out Tee Hee and the rest encourage the audience to blow kisses to Big Bird. Just as Big Bird wakes up The Queen is about to toss a big spoon of her Purple Polka Dot potion on him. A Big Chase sequence ensues. The Yellow Queen somehow manages to trip and the purple polka dot potion spills on herself, which turned her purple polka-dotty... really cool lighting effect was used here.)

The Amazing Mumphord (They sing a song to the Yellow Queen called "You're the Best You" The queen learns her lesson, yada yada yada. Therefore, Mumphord removes the dots with a good ole "A La Peanut Butter Sandwiches")

Happily Ever After (Closing Number)

I hope that helped :smile: I definitely have all the show programs from every show since the premiere in 1980. Even though I was born in 85. LOL! I've managed to collect them all. And it helps that I have a good memory too. I'm pretty sure I saw that show the first year in came out back in 93 when I was in the second grade. I'm surprised that I actually remember stuff that wasn't mentioned in the show program.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I remmeber seeing this show. I know that one of the Sesame Street Live shows had Cookie, Grover, Elmo, and Telly singing Fuzzy and Blue. It would make sense if it was this one, but I can't remember.

Are you a member of Muppet Wiki? If you are and you have all the programs, you should add info to the various pages for Sesame Street Live shows.

StarrFilter

Reaction score
yeah it was definitely from that show. i'm not a member of muppet wiki yet, but i'll look into it. thanks :wink:

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
I loved Big Bird & The ABC's, that was my all time favorite, and first show I saw. The weirdest thought was the fact that it was 1994 when I saw it in my area. Than many years later I looked and saw that that tour ended by mid 1992, but alas, it was great, and still had the retro Sesame feeling to it. Telly and Elmo must have been understudies in this show, because I recall Elmo being in the version I saw but having no lines...and Telly wasn't in even in it when I saw it but he was in the program and such. Out of Gina & Tina, the two AM twin girls only one of them were in it. The Postman was the only neighborhood person I saw in it, and there was no Painter or Handyman like the program showed or said. Interesting I remember all that.

SSLFan

Reaction score
SLEEPING BIRDIE CAST:
Big Bird, Tee Hee, Super Grover, Bert, Ernie, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Prairie Dawn, The Count, Oscar, Telly, The Amazing Mumphord, The Yellow Queen, Green Honker, Gold Honker (tall understudy), Grundgetta (medium understudy), Rhoda (small understudy)

Act I:
Once Upon A Time (opening number)

Imaginary Postcards (Big Bird writes to his old friend Tee Hee from the show "Big Bird and the ABC's" about his 8 balls of fur)

Eight Balls of Fur (Blacklight number)

March of the Crayons (Tee Hee writes back about her planet... more blacklight)

Monster in the Mirror (Grover, Elmo, and Cookie appear in the Yellow Queens mirror and tell her that she is not the yellowest of them all)

For the Birds (Tee Hee and the Yellow Queen arrive on Sesame Street... Big production number about birds... makes Yellow Queen even more jealous)

Purple Polka Dots (The Yellow Queen cast a spell on Big Bird to put him to sleep while she mixes a magic postion to turn him Purple-Polka-Dotty... His muppet friends sing a really cool song (from what I remember) about the purple polka dots. They then realize what the queen is really up too.

Act II:
Big Noise on Sesame Street (The muppets make a lot of noise trying to get Big Bird to wake up. I remember at one point during this song Elmo came out on a motorcycle and tried to get the audience to make motorcycle noises.) PS. This plan doesn't work. LOL!

At the Library ( Super Grover suggests that they go to the Library to figure out how to wake Big Bird Up) The perform a dance to Marian the Librarian from the musical "The Music Man"

Rock and Roll Readers (They sing about reading. Tee Hee finds a book appropriately titled "How to wake an 8 ft tall Yellow Bird before he's turned Purple Polka-Dotty" The answer is to get Hundreds of Princes and Princess' to kiss him... )

Prince and Princess' Rap (A Really cool rap song in which the muppets try to figure out where to find hundreds of princes and princess' .... obviously in the audience. Once they figure that out Tee Hee and the rest encourage the audience to blow kisses to Big Bird. Just as Big Bird wakes up The Queen is about to toss a big spoon of her Purple Polka Dot potion on him. A Big Chase sequence ensues. The Yellow Queen somehow manages to trip and the purple polka dot potion spills on herself, which turned her purple polka-dotty... really cool lighting effect was used here.)

The Amazing Mumphord (They sing a song to the Yellow Queen called "You're the Best You" The queen learns her lesson, yada yada yada. Therefore, Mumphord removes the dots with a good ole "A La Peanut Butter Sandwiches")

Happily Ever After (Closing Number)

I hope that helped :smile: I definitely have all the show programs from every show since the premiere in 1980. Even though I was born in 85. LOL! I've managed to collect them all. And it helps that I have a good memory too. I'm pretty sure I saw that show the first year in came out back in 93 when I was in the second grade. I'm surprised that I actually remember stuff that wasn't mentioned in the show program.
Hey Starfilter, if it's no trouble, could you maybe post up the pictures of the original Elmo's Coloring Book and When I Grow Up programs if you have them? I had the original programs but stupidly threw them away.

StarrFilter

Reaction score
well i keep them all at my parents house in st. louis, mo. i live in long beach, ca now. next time i'm home though, i'll be sure to post it.