Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, you should just stick to the street story, flip back to catch Dancing with Triangles, and then flip back in time to watch James Blunc's song.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oy, I overslept a little today...

Can someone tell me exactly what all happened today BEFORE Baby Bear rebuilt Telly's triangle?

Other than that, all I can say really is that it's a good thing my mom wasn't watching today, otherwise, she would've had a fit seeing Kelly Ripa on today, as she has so much hatred against just because of that little spat she had with Clay Aykin awhile back.

And can I assume that the damsal in detress in that detective sketch was Leslie Carrara, kind of like how she was in that Private I sketch last season?

Oh, and that "Dancing with Triangles" bit was cool too.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Not rully sure, all I saw/heard was this detective sketch about searching for triangles, so I can't confirm if your suspicions are correct.
What happened before Baby Bear fixed the triangle...

Murray asked about the word on the street, but everybody said "I don't know" until the orange-reddish monster got "frustrated", found that that was the word, and then got relieved after finding his word.
Telly explained to Baby Bear about the TriangleLovers' meetting, and the triangular triple crown awarded to the member picked as Triangle Lover of the Day. Baby Bear didn't really want to go to the meeting, but was convinced to do so to be there for support when Telly assumed he would get the crown that day. Louis, the Grand High Triangle Lover made his entrance, preceeded by Norman, his herald. The meeting began with Telly telling Baby Bear the three things always done at the club gatherings: build a triangle, sing the Triangle Lovers' anthem, and perform the triangle cheer. Then Telly in his uber-Horshack zeal wanted to put the triangle together the usual way: red part first, blue part next, and yellow part last. Then Baby Bear pipes up with his wee little question and you know the rest.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Other than those 2 horrible animated segments (Any MC forum member worth his/her salt knows that I can't stand those dancing animal bits), the rest of it was pretty cool.

The main story showed again that Telly and Baby Bear are a great match. Both characters play off each other very well. Especially the jealousy of Telly with his friend giving the outsider opinion on the club, and losing the crown to him.

note. You can just spot one of the human members of the triangle lover's club was wearing Trainglbob Trianglepant's pants.

Dancing with Triangles borrowed the same principle from the American I skit, but I think they put a great spin keeping the skit different. Instead of the judges being incompetent, they willingly tell the contestants they're wrong. I loved the dancing with elephants bit too. And then there was a bit of a risque joke they put at the end. I don't want to discuss it though.'

Jame's Blunt's parody was ONLY funny due to Telly's dialogue. Especially mentioning geometric mathematical terms involving the triangle (Hypotenuse, Euclidean).

And Looks like Abby finally got closing the show right.

DTWolf

Reaction score
Why . . . ?

When you spend 60 percent of the episode talking about triangles, why isn't the number of the day THREE?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Enjoyed today's episode. It was neat. I was cool to see the "High Triangle" dude. But he was a rod puppet and not his human hand verison that i remembered seeing back in the day when he aired quite sometime. It was neat to hear Norm dude that always fallowed him everywhere. But enjoyed all of today's episode and all.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
After reading all the positive talk about 4142, I'm wondering if maybe being sick hindered my enjoyment of it.

Hooray, a grouch episode! :smile: I liked this one. I can't remember the last time Grundgetta got so much screen time, and I loved how Slimy was the one to wake her up. (Yeah, I should've seen it coming.) It was weird seeing Maria and Gordon as the king and queen, but they seem to be the few main adults nowadays.

Not too much else to say about it, but it was nice seeing The Two-Headed Monster again. Hopefully we'll see them some this season. I'd love seeing one of their old skits again.

Even though it was yet another Telly and Baby Bear episode, and it was really obvious what was going to happen, I really liked it. Like Drtooth said, they play so well off each other that it's hard not to like an episode they're in together. I also really liked the jealously lesson they had, because that situation is something I think all of us can relate too.

I really liked "Dancing with Triangles" a lot more than "American I". Even though they were both practically the same segment, I think they got the humor down a lot better. The part at the end really surprised me, and I wonder if some parents might complain. But that is the kind of out of nowhere stuff Sesame Street used to do, and hopefully they'll keep putting in the occasional risqué joke here and there.

Like I said when the clip was found on You Tube, I loved the "My Triangle" song. (But then I also loved the original version.) I also give them credit for putting in words like hypotenuse and Euclidean.

Abby closing the show was pretty lame today. It was too straight forward. I guess there wasn't enough time left to make it funny.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... I'll ask... What's this risque joke from the end of Dancing with Triangles? If you feel more comfortable, send me a PM instead of posting it.
Honestly... We all know what a dodecahedron is. Have fun figuring out what it means kiddies.
And no help from those who already saw The Phantom Tollbooth.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe I wasn't paying attention... but yeah, what's this risque joke you people are talking about?