Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... Episode 4140 was one I liked. It had a classical music/classical arts feel throughout its entirety.

The one hugely blaring dislike I have is... Ellen! Aaargghhh! Run awaaaay!
And that's all I'll say on the matter. Boo Ellen!

BEAR

Reaction score
Actually... Episode 4140 was one I liked. It had a classical music/classical arts feel throughout its entirety.

The one hugely blaring dislike I have is... Ellen! Aaargghhh! Run awaaaay!
And that's all I'll say on the matter. Boo Ellen!
Hmm...what's wrong with Ellen. I think she's awesome, and seems to be one of the very few real people on television these days. Anyway...I missed the new episode. All I got was a rerun of Baby Bear teaching Telly how to catch a ball. Poop!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Will send you a PM, as it's best for discussion off the boards.

CookieCountDawn

Reaction score
Hmm...what's wrong with Ellen. I think she's awesome, and seems to be one of the very few real people on television these days. Anyway...I missed the new episode. All I got was a rerun of Baby Bear teaching Telly how to catch a ball. Poop!
That was yesterday's episode in my area. Maybe today's episode will air tomorrow for you.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Whats the deal another rerun, altough i did like some of these older stuff and todays show had a lot more Oscar.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Remember the airing pattern Sesame Street follows for it's newer seasons. They take the total of twenty-six episodes and divide them into a first run of the first fifteen episodes, and then there's a second run of the last eleven episodes. The first week of the season's premiere, they air the first five episodes of the new season. The week following that, they begin an on-and-off mix of rerun and new episodes. It works in one of two ways.
Model A:
Week 1: Season premiere, all new episodes.
Week 2: Monday, Wednesday and Friday: New current season episodes; Tuesday and Thursday, repeat episodes from past seasons, usually two seasons previous.
Example: We're at Season 38 now, so the repeats are from Season 36.
Week 3: Monday, Wednesday and Friday: Repeat episodes; Tuesday and Thursday, new current episodes.
Model B:
Week 1: Season premiere, all new episodes.
Weeks 2 and 3 are an inverted form of Model A's second and third weeks.

This goes on until the first fifteen episodes of the current season air, about up to some point in September. Then repeats of the previous and current season air until mid-November when the last eleven episodes of the season air.
Hope this helps explain things.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys... Just wanted to answer something Minor Muppets asked about. Thanks to the episode guides at Muppet Wiki... The character who said "Why me?" in Episode 4140's street story that sounded like Marty Robinson was in fact Telly Monster, not Mr. Johnson as previously speculated.
Also... Noticed that the pig who appeared at the end of the street story mentioned his aunt was Aunt Isadora. That's a reference that most noone would've gotten, a nod to classic dancer Isadora Duncan from the first quarter of the 20th century.

Hope this helps.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I really liked yesterday's new episode for three reasons...

1. Big Bird was featured in the main storyline.
2. Elmo WASN'T featured in the main storyline.
3. I thought it was a nice little story.

And I'm sad I missed the Season 36 rerun they played today of Baby Bear and Telly telling Curly Bear that story about the magic banana... never really got to see that one much.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hey guys... Just wanted to answer something Minor Muppets asked about. Thanks to the episode guides at Muppet Wiki... The character who said "Why me?" in Episode 4140's street story that sounded like Marty Robinson was in fact Telly Monster, not Mr. Johnson as previously speculated.
Also... Noticed that the pig who appeared at the end of the street story mentioned his aunt was Aunt Isadora. That's a reference that most noone would've gotten, a nod to classic dancer Isadora Duncan from the first quarter of the 20th century.

Hope this helps.
Wait, why would Telly say 'why me?' Also, I don't think Fat Blue would be silent about being forced to dance with Grover. I hate to admit it, but I think Muppet Wiki was wrong on that one. I think they might have just thought it was Telly because it was Marty's voice that was heard. I'll check out the guide, but I just thought I'd post my opinion on this.

Week 2: Monday, Wednesday and Friday: New current season episodes; Tuesday and Thursday, repeat episodes from past seasons, usually two seasons previous.
I think it's the other way around this season. I've noticed new eps airing only Tuesday and Thursday this week. At least that's how it is on my local station. I don't know whether or not it's different in other areas.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
Wait, why would Telly say 'why me?' Also, I don't think Fat Blue would be silent about being forced to dance with Grover. I hate to admit it, but I think Muppet Wiki was wrong on that one. I think they might have just thought it was Telly because it was Marty's voice that was heard. I'll check out the guide, but I just thought I'd post my opinion on this.
I concur. That was definitely Fat Blue saying the line.

I think it's the other way around this season. I've noticed new eps airing only Tuesday and Thursday this week. At least that's how it is on my local station. I don't know whether or not it's different in other areas.
That's how it is where I live too, but next week we'll be going back to Monday, Wednesday, Friday. TV Guide.com only goes up to the 5th, but since there's a new episode listed for the 4th, it looks like it'll be Tuesday, Thursday the following week.

I hope the M,W,F then T,Th schedule sticks for the rest of the season. It'd be nice to have a consistent schedule this season since there were some odd deviations last year.

And this may not apply to anyone else, but my station will be changing Sesame Street's timeslot as of Labor Day. That's the day when lots of channels tend to change their schedules, so it may be a good idea to see if Sesame Street will be on at the same time for the rest of you.