Muppet Treasure Island Australian DVD Questions.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I haven't been on here for a long time to hi to anyone who remembers me.:smile:

I have some questions about the Muppet Treasure Island Australian DVD Releases. From What I know there have been 2 different releases both by Disney.
The First one was supposedly uncut and was Muppet Treasure Island Special Edition and includes an illustration of the characters on the cover, it also had better special features than the current 50th Anniversary DVD I think. I bought 2 of the 50th Anniversary DVDs a few weeks ago, one for someone else and I found that this one is not uncut and includes an overdub of Billy Bones, saying how does she "Bloomin do that" rather than Bloody do that. I'm not sure what other cuts it included.

What I want to know is does anyone have the Australian DVD release of MTI, the special edition DVD and can confirm there are no cuts to it? I had heard a while back that this is the only uncut release in the world of the film in widescreen.

I don't want to track down this DVD and find it is all cut up like the current release.

I would appreciate if anyone can help me with this.:smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't believe there are any cuts to the material, save the over-dubbing of Bloody with Blooming. (And so they should...tsk tsk, such shameful language...yet they have the word about five times in Shrek 2, interesting how times change.)

Note: The word is changed for both Billy Bones, and Tim Curry. "Where's the 'blasted' treasure?"

As far as I can make out, those are the only 'cuts'.

Bea:zany:{But I've been wrong before}regard

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Thanks for your help beau, but I was talking about the first Australian special edition DVD which did not have any cuts or changes to it at all. I think the one thats out now in Australia is identical to the Region 2 UK release though. I have an american dvd of mti and it has the "bloody" part in but it is not in widescreen. That change to the recent releases is only small but it annoys me, it adds something to the film, :smile:. I like to see it how it was in the cinema.

goodrastus

Reaction score
Hi Muppetsdownunder,

I own the Special Edition and quickly flicked through the scenes - it does have Billy saying, "How does she bloomin' do that." The version with the red cover, not the 50th anniversary one. I'll sit down and watch it properly because I seem to recall that bloody was in it and that's why I wasn't going to show it to my Grade 1/2's at school. Might just be remembering the original release at the cinema and it standing out. Hope that helps.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, im sure glad I did'nt go tracking that DVD down if thats the case. I'm also thinking that maybe your one could be a later release of the same special edition DVD maybe. I know they release them in batches and maybe they removed the "bloody" in the last batch or something.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
yeah here in the US billy says "how does she bloody do that?". Funny that is a diffrent word in the uk. i take it thats it a bad word over there or somthing? :smirk:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, it's technically a bad word in the US, too. I think it's just considered to be more of a euphamism here.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's not really considered a bad word in America, at least not a curse word. When Americans use it they're often just imitating the British people they've seen, not understanding the meaning behind it. We just use it for fun, though we know it's slightly harsh.