Sesame Street Season 38 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

CookieCountDawn

Reaction score
Okay, about the theme music:

ALL of the theme music in Season 38 will be new. Opening, play-on, closing, credits, etc. None of it is going to be the same. And the theme is mostly going to be computer-animated. And also, listen to this. I was told that Season 38 is the LAST SEASON going to be taped on that set! Apparently, in Season 39, it's going to be completely new. Half real, and half computer-animated. I'm not really sure how it will look, but I know that I'm NOT going to like it. I think it will sort of look like that song "See the Signs." I can't believe this!:cry:
Will the theme song still be "Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?" for season 38?

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, yes, it will still be the same song, but a different version. And this is the first time since 1992 that ALL of the theme music will be new.

wiley207

Reaction score
Again, I still hope that the opening theme isn't going to be a drastic change as that "Calypso" theme was. :attitude: But I'm glad they are going to do a new closing sequence.

And I think Season 39 might actually just be switching studios, like in 1992. That's why we got that crazy new opening. They will probably add some more new elements, and this is going to be really weird. I just got used to the new format (I like the Season 37 episodes best), and I'm sure they're still occasionally going to show the classics (pre-1992 material) like they did the past few seasons.

SSLFan

Reaction score
It would be soooo awsome if they brought AtC back (if they move to a new studio).hehe:big_grin: But, anyways, they can change all they want (change is sometimes good), as long as they give Big Bird enough screen time.:stick_out_tongue: It would crush my heart if he didn't appear alot on the show anymore. Hmmm..I wonder what lies ahead for season 40?
p.s. What does Joan Ganz Cooney think of all these changes?​

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
Hooray! New closing theme! :big_grin:

We'll have to wait and see on all that new music, but I don't think they'll stray far from the stuff we know.

The CGI stuff worries me though. But we don't know much yet, and I don't think SW is dumb enough to make an "around the corner" type big change again, especially since last, and apparently this season seems to be taking steps toward being the SS of old.

But let's keep the panic to a minimum until we get some more information about this.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No...
NO...
NO...
NO...
NO...
NO...
NO...
NO!

So what the **** are they going to do with the old set? ! Just tear it down and put in storage and let it rot? ! WHAT? ! ? WHAT! ? !

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Just a thought.

I think we should at least wait till next year before we concern ourselves with this.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
For all we know the reported CGI set pieces may just be a few extra stories on the buildings, a few intersections, and things like that that are so common in movies nowadays. For all we know, the set may look more realistic after the CGI elements are in place.

Until we get word from Sesame Workshop, I´m not going to worry about it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For all we know the reported CGI set pieces may just be a few extra stories on the buildings, a few intersections, and things like that that are so common in movies nowadays.
Didn't you read? It said that this is last season the show will be taped ON THAT SET.

Status
Not open for further replies.