Can anyone tell me who this kangaroo puppet is?

airwalk

Reaction score
muppetperson said:
Tags can be cut off official products and sewn onto something else.
VERY true -- I don't want to sell it as licensed without knowing it's not a ripoff. That's the main reason I haven't put it up yet. I just wish I could find someone that could tell me what it is!

You're welcome, Count.. my pleasure. :smile:

Lab Rat

Reaction score
i have seen that kangaroo puppet on e-bay a few times and it's always sold as a muppet puppet but i dont recognise it from any productions.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
I just saw this Puppet listed in Ioffer.com and googled it for more information. It just brought me here. :smile:

Anyhow, I have seen this listed as a henson Puppet on Ebay, too. Really strange... :eek:

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
The Kangaroo is Connie the Kangaroo, she is the mascot for the Chicago Continental bank. Connie was used in the 70's in the same way the Piggy Bank family pigs where used in the UK to encourage savings accounts.

The Marketing team commissioned the Henson company to produce a puppet version for its young savers. Not really a known Henson Muppet, but still part of the Henson Brand.

My Ex now works in Chicago for HSBC, as some of you know I work in Brand Marketing when he found out about the brand and Henson Link he let me know. If you are lucky enough to find a complete one Connie actually has her baby in the pouch.

Here are a few links:

http://actonfs.com/blog/?p=512
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/continental-bank-large-kangaroo-mascot-1940s

Have a search for one, they may be very rare.

L
x

Jelopi

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for one...I just came across this one on Ebay with the baby in the pouch. Item # 190448366475