ELMO on "Today" Show 9-6-05

KatieMokey

Reaction score
Not only is Kevin an amazing puppeteer, but he's one of the head producers at Sesame, isn't he? He has his hands very much inside Sesame Street. And everyone has their off days. It's kinda' hard to judge someone on one interview. If everyone judged me on one 15 minute encounter on a bad day... whoo, boy!

gfarkwort

Reaction score
I think if there weren't Henson kids...or they steped down and the Muppets were still together, I think he would be the president and make a very good one.

JimmyDeanDog

Reaction score
Thanks MelissaY1 -

My whole point here (as the starter of this thread) is that there was not
ONE MENTION of the Muppets during that interview!

That struck a nerve people....
==================================================
Here's the video if you can get it:

http://strmz.com/StrmzChannels/Channel390
(18th link down)

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I saw the interview, recorded it. So you're angry that he didn't merely mention that Elmo is a Muppet OR the name Jim Henson? Big deal! We know Elmo's "a Muppet," Kevin knows Elmo's "a Muppet," frickin' Matt Lauer knows that Elmo's "a Muppet," whether Disney/Sesame owns the name or not. Geez, I doubt Kermit mentions he's a Muppet every time he's interviewed.

As for the interview itself, it was a nice and short--just five minutes long--and he talked a little about his book, how he wanted to be in children's television, his daughter, and how Elmo came to be. He actually mentioned Richard Hunt, Kermit Love, and "Frank" during the interview, so I think he very well knows what organization he comes from.

As for Kevin himself, he could not have been any less "rude or unthoughtful," even throwing Elmo's voice in here and there. It's rare nowadays when you actually get to see a Muppet performer being interviewed on TV, and I enjoyed it.

Didn't hear the word "Muppet?" Well, buy his book, I'm sure it's gotta be in there somewhere.

puppetise

Reaction score
were can we get the book? sorry to make this go off topic

MelissaY1

Reaction score
JimmyDeanDog said:
Thanks MelissaY1 -

My whole point here (as the starter of this thread) is that there was not
ONE MENTION of the Muppets during that interview!

That struck a nerve people....
==================================================
Here's the video if you can get it:

http://strmz.com/StrmzChannels/Channel390
(18th link down)
You're welcome and for the record I attended Mr. Clash's book signing today at Books of Wonder in NYC and he was EXTREMELY kind and generous with his time. He saw over 100 people and their children and spent time with every one of them including me. He took photos, sat on the floor playing and talking to the kids with Elmo, etc. Very generous man. And he DID talk about Jim Henson during his Q&A session and working with the Muppets.

wes

Reaction score
MelissaY1 said:
Who's Bill Barretta?? Have you been watching any Muppet projects for the past 10 years at least? Bill Barretta started off doing the walkaround/physical performing for Earl Sinclair on the T.V. series Dinosaurs and has since gone on to perform Clueless Morgan and others in the film Muppet Treasure Island, Pepe the King Prawn in Muppets From Space, on Muppets Tonight (where he also performed Bobo the Bear, Johnny Fiama, etc.) He's also done performing work in Kermit's Swamp Years, production work on various mini-series, etc. He's become one of the core group of Muppeteers today.

Check out this link for a full list of Bill's credits:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0057321/
I know who Bill is we were not talking about him and then his name pops up!

I think he is Very talented, and i believe that he has a broaser ranger than Kevin and his charactor are better that kevins. I think if their were more muppeteers like Bill the muppets would be doing alot more stuff!! But i digress...

wes

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Tht's the bill I'm talking about. True, kevin has been there longer, but you can't deny just how talented Bill Barretta is, though.
I agree with that statment 100%, his good what can i say!!

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
MelissaY1 said:
{snip}...I attended Mr. Clash's book signing today at Books of Wonder in NYC and he was EXTREMELY kind and generous with his time. He saw over 100 people and their children.
For only 100+ people to turn out in a city of 7 million is not good a good sign for his book tour.

Still, I'm glad you encountered him.:smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
For only 100+ people to turn out in a city of 7 million is not good a good sign for his book tour.

Still, I'm glad you encountered him.:smile:

Well it was more than 100 if you count that like each set of parents whatever had 2-3 kids with them. :smile: it was also a smaller bookstore, and I don't think was heavily advertised. I'm ASSUMING that the one he did this past Saturday at the Barnes and Nobles in Lincoln Center had a larger turnout. Either way it was worth it to me :smile: