New Muppet Abby Cadabby heads to the Street

ISNorden

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
I thought the same thing.
She's not as proud as she used to be: I remember her best as the no-nonsense director who used pageants to teach about a wide range of subjects (and got lots of other Muppets involved in the lesson, too).

Unfortunately, Prairie Dawn's dramatic talent went to waste after Sesame Street changed format. Nowadays the writers limit her to (1) interviewing characters from children's stories, or (2) vainly trying to protect the letter of the day from Cookie Monster's appetite. If Prairie were a flesh-and-blood child actor I bet she'd threaten to quit after so much typecasting... :concern:

ISNorden

Reaction score
muppetsforlife said:
Welcome to the muppets Abby Cadabby. But I agree with you all. I just hope that she doesn't take over like Elmo did. I don't have nothing against Elmo but i sure wish all things sesame street didn't revolve around him.
My sentiments exactly! Elmo's OK if he's treated like other major cast members, but not like the center of Sesame Street's universe. When the show was new, Sesame Street kept a balanced attitude towards popular characters: none of the major cast members (Muppet or human) became "THE star" five days a week. Treating Abby Cadabby like "THE star" is a big mistake, whether she bombs or becomes the next Elmo.

Erine81981

Reaction score
ISNorden said:
She's not as proud as she used to be: I remember her best as the no-nonsense director who used pageants to teach about a wide range of subjects (and got lots of other Muppets involved in the lesson, too).

Unfortunately, Prairie Dawn's dramatic talent went to waste after Sesame Street changed format. Nowadays the writers limit her to (1) interviewing characters from children's stories, or (2) vainly trying to protect the letter of the day from Cookie Monster's appetite. If Prairie were a flesh-and-blood child actor I bet she'd threaten to quit after so much typecasting... :concern:
If you look at the Press Kit that someone has posted up there a link you would see that Prairie has a new episode. She is doing a padeants. Its about eatting healthy. Can't wait to see it. As well as the old Fix it Shop too. I'm also hoping that when she meets all the people on Sesame Street. That they have Bert, Ernie, Cookie Monster, Grover and Prairie too. I don't want to see just Big Bird, Snuffy, Oscar, Elmo, Rostia and Zoe. I want the older Muppets there too.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
ISNorden said:

Yeah, I remember those. She still does that from time to time.

BEAR

Reaction score
I said it in another thread and I'll say it again...Instead of jumping to conclusions and already making critical judgements about the new season and new characters, why don't we just wait and see it first? I, personally think that Abby sounds like an interesting addition to the cast and some of the episode descriptions seem pretty interesting and new. Let's wait and see Abby before we make snap critical judgements about her. I mean, it could be ANY new character and some of you all will be labeling them as the new "Elmo".

Disclaimer: I like Elmo.

emberfire

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I said it in another thread and I'll say it again...Instead of jumping to conclusions and already making critical judgements about the new season and new characters, why don't we just wait and see it first? I, personally think that Abby sounds like and interesting addition to the cast and some of the episode descriptions seem pretty interesting and new. Let's wait and see Abby before we make snap critical judgements about her. I mean, it could be ANY new character and some of you all will be labeling them as the new "Elmo".

Disclaimer: I like Elmo.

good point :big_grin: