Favorite Richard Hunt characters

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've always loved Janice, her voice is so cool and everything she says is potentially funny just because of the way she says it, lol. :flirt:

I've also really started enjoying Junior lately, particularly in Season 3.

Placido is so outrageous and Forgetful Jones is very sweet and inspirational.

I have to admit I always had trouble liking Belmont from The Christmas Toy, just because he's such a coward and so mean to Mew, lol. But on the other hand, that's the kind of detail that makes a rich fully developed character. In the scene when Mew's about to be frozen forever, Belmont tells Rugby "You can't risk your life for a cat toy!", but at the same time you can see how guilty he feels.

Another one I can think of is the Baby Monster from the SS album Sesame Street Monsters (it can be heard on MC radio now and then):

"There's a little girl in the closet!"

"Junior, there's no such thing as little girls."

"There is so, Mommy, and I'm frightened! Instead of claws, she has hands!"

"Oh Junior..."

"And feet!" Lol

Skye

Reaction score
Very fun topic! I love so many of Richard's characters... but I think my favorite is Scooter. He's so cool! And he's followed very closely by Janice... she's so much fun!

But, I also rully like Don Music, Forgetful Jones, Sweetums, Placido Flamingo, Gladys, and Junior Gorg. And Statler, and Beaker, and... (this list could go on for a while...) :wink:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
My favorite goes without saying that it's Janice.

Altough Sweetums is also great, and since buying my "Old School" volume 2 set, I've grown to really like Don Music a lot. I love thoes skits, classic stuff.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
In order--ranking from top three on my list:

Placido Flamingo is charming and his Brazilian accent was perfect! And I don't even think Richard was Brazillian! That ranks as my number one Richard Hunt character. Yes, no one remembers him as much now--but he is such a cute flirty little flamingo!

Beaker is adorable with his unique way of communication and is truly smart but is the plaything of that demented melon-headed nutcase of a genius! I think Beaker was just love at first sight (not in that way...I just liked the character instantly).

Scooter is HIM! As I've read. You know...I don't think I need to explain why. Just look at that ADORABLE little go-fer. :big_grin:

Reaction score
how can u have a fav richard hunt muppet:wink: they are all brill but i do love sweethums he has to be my no 1:eek: but they are all brill you got to love richard xxx:flirt:

zns

Reaction score
If I had to choose, it would be the following:

-Scooter
-Don Music
-Placido Flamingo
-Gladys the Cow
-Sweetums
-Junior Gorg
-Forgetful Jones

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Um...ALL OF THEM! LOL, just kidding. :wink: I'll try to narrow it down. (if that's even possible) Well, Beaker and Janice were my two favorites before I even knew it was the same person performing both of them, so they're definitely on this list. :eek::flirt: I also really liked the character Mudwell the Mudbunny on Fraggle Rock. As for Sesame Street, Don Music is definitely in my top five favorite characters on the show. Also, I really like Leo the Party Monster, especially in this skit with Telly. ("My arm is dead now. I cannot work now. I just wiggle dollies." EPIC WIN puppeteer reference.)

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Well, if I had to pick a number one - without a doubt, Scooter! :wink:

From the skits, shows and movies I've seen so far in my muppet venture -

(In no particular order)

Beaker
Don Music
Placido Flamingo (I've always got The Telephone of Brazil song stuck in my head - just so perfectly done by Richard!)
Sweetums
Statler
Forgetful Jones
Leo the Party Monster
Gladys the Cafeteria Lady (I quite liked her and the attitude Richard gave her)
Bobby Benson (I've only seen him appear on TMS Season 3 and The Muppet Christmas Carol so far. I haven't really heard him speak yet but when I first saw him, I don't know what it was but something about that character made me know straight away that he was performed by Richard. I look on Muppet wiki not long after and it turns out I was right!)

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I'm also very fond of the "Telephone Rock" music number (LOL, telephone...number, Wocka Wocka! :wink::embarrassed:) on Sesame Street and that old lady he did was hilarious.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Like everybody else, I have plenty of Richard Hunt favorites:
The Muppet Show: Scooter, Janice, Beaker and Statler
Sesame Street: Forgetful Jones, Don Music, Leo the Party Monster, Richard's head on the Two-headed Monster and The Beetles' lead singer
Fraggle Rock: Junior Gorg and Gunge
Other: Charlie Muskrat (Emmet Otter's Jug-band Christmas) and Lugsy Bunny(The Tale of the Bunny Picnic)