Who all is in the Electric Mayhem?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Here's my choices:
EM BAND
Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Animal, Zoot, Janice (who actually dated both Dr. Teeth a little while and Floyd since forever, right?). I add Lips in that mix because he is a trumpeter, and in some songs it seems that there's more than one horn (isn't there?) anyways.

Solid Foam broke down after JHH, and Clifford was looking for a gig, so he began to sit in with the EM. I consider him a sit-in with the band, and probably doing some kind of solo gigs and open-mike nite.

Rowlf is a sit-in for sure. He's a classical pianist and performer, but he brings the acoustic piano sound to the band when they need it.

Remember TMS's orchestra pit? There were a LOT of others. Crazy Harry on triangle (right) and more. Trumpet lady anybody?

Joggy

Reaction score
Yeah, but since Dr. Teeth has never been part of the orchestra pit, I don't consider people like Rowlf, Nigel, Trumpet Lady, Crazy Harry etc. part of his Electric Mayhem.

It's more the other way around. Band members from the Mayhem - usually Floyd, Zoot, Animal and Lips, and occasionally Janice - would sit in with the orchestra.

Rowlf and Trumpet Lady did sit in with Dr. Teeth a few times. Other sit-ins were various brass players, a bongo player, the jug band's banjo/marimba player, Rizzo on percussion, frog backup singers, Inspector LaBrea on saxophone... et cetera.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I agree lips is definately apart of the band! Maybe Clifford also but im not sure. I know he's be in the band now if a new muppet show was on.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I consider the original 5 to be THE Electric Mayhem. Why? Because in the movie, even after Lips existed, it was just the five of them. Lips is, to me, like Dizzy Reed from guns n' roses....he sits in with the band for lots of concerts and is even on afew albums, but he's not really part of the band...more like hired help.

the others are the same, but even less likely to be considered...

and rowlf...I'd say he's like a solo artist that's sitting in with the band...like, The Electric Mayhem Featuring Rowlf!

teebs

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Here's my choices:
...Janice (who actually dated both Dr. Teeth a little while and Floyd since forever, right?)
She dated Zoot too, didn't she?

jrhzoot

Reaction score
Joggy said:
I do consider Lips a part of the Mayhem because he's been a part of them in multiple productions. They've played the entire fifth season of the Muppet Show, The Great Muppet Caper, A Muppet Family Christmas and Muppets At Disney World with him)
Could anyone please post a pic of Lips in Muppets At Disney World and A Muppet Family Christmas? Thanks, it would be very much appreciated and also interesting to see.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Lips is in the Great Muppet Caper Also! He is seen very clearly!
Tyler

Joggy

Reaction score
Lips played a trumpet solo in Disney World, but that was his only (brief) appearance on that special.

Didn't he also appear in Christmas Carol at Fozziwig's party?