Ernie and Grover Figure Pics

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
These pics were sent to me from Fun4All with the following information:

"Please note that Ernie's paint job is not finished in this pic.
His pants will have a paint job closer to the "old" sculpt paint job.
His "skin" will have texture, so will his sweater and pants."

http://members.aol.com/mrthefrog/newernie.jpg

"Just so it's clear...the New Grover will STILL HAVE A CAPE (not shown). It will be cloth (cape and helmet will be removable). These are all still just prototypes of the sculpts. There will still be ARTICULATION added to ALL figures that you do not see in
the pictures."

http://members.aol.com/mrthefrog/newgrover.jpg

Have at it.
-Artie

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Me have some questions for MrTheFrog

Hello,
Me was woundering, Is Grover going to be a bendy? I hope not, :smirk: but on the figure, me see no lines indicating action toy joints.

Me was also hoping you can tell me when actual date, in March, the toys will be sent to stores, and which stores would i beable to buy them? Me only see that toys will be sold in March, but what if me go to store March 1st? Will toys be on sale?

WiGgY

Reaction score
I WILL buy Grover and Cookie. They both look really good to me. I especially like the coloring and head sculpt.

I WON'T buy Bert and Ernie. They improved Bert to a point where I might get him if Ernie looked really good. Too bad they actually made Ernie worse. So I will NOT get either. Maybe if both were on sale for like 50% off and I really wanted those letters, but no way at full price.

I MIGHT get Oscar. He has good and bad points. I'll have to wait and see.

Luke

Reaction score
OMG - Poor Ernie !!!

Grover isn't bad but his face looks a bit gaunt and sucked in.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Just a little harsh!!!

OK, I admit that the Ernie and Bert look better/ worse, but I think they will look better once the texturizing hits them. Give em a chance.

The only complaint that I have is that they are coming out in a month and there really isn't much articulation on ANY of the figs... They're kinda INaction figures. Not as bad as Clerks, but on their way, but just as far as articulation.

Otherwise I'm very hopeful. Again, I have to accept that there are some people who are gonna be upset that these are made for kids. That might keep some of teh quality down, but I sure wish there was a little cut in price.

Luke

Reaction score
At that price they are supposed to be made for adults AND kids not just kids. If they are gonna be cheap kiddie stuff they should price em that way. These are worth no more than $6 at most. I don't think we are being harsh at all.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
No, not for that price. We're not being too harsh. If they want to make money from these things, they should listen to those in the know.

Ernie looks like he's looking UP from us, Bert's eyebrow still bugs the snot out of me, and I like the ideas about Oscar popping up outta the can, but Slimey can't be called an accessory...an accessory for Oscar might be a sign with a magnetic back to it that says "Scram!" on it--I would hope they'd make a full-body Oscar to take out of his can sometime in the future.

Grover is awesome looking to me, and Cookie is great.

They need to do more work on Ernie and Bert, though!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... I've been defending the heck out of this line since the first test photos... but I will say this

ERNIE STINKS!!! They made him look worse... except the hair to some extent. I will probably buy him if he looks good in 3-D turn around, but until then, Bert will just have to hang with Casey jones or something... until an Ernie Varient comes out.

Grover looks great, though. If I could only get 2, it would be Grover and Cookie.

>>I would hope they'd make a full-body Oscar to take out of his can sometime in the future<<

It may be a little hard, since there is little refference to what Oscar looks like behind the can (as a character... as a puppet, he tapers off) In fact, I have yet to see any Oscar merch where he isn't obstructed by his can, a car, or anything like that. I have a picture of Oscar's baby cousin from "How to be a Grouch," where the kid's wearing a diaper... that's aboput it.

Personally, I like the line (sans Ernie) so far, and hopefully they will at least look better in turn around.

10 is a might much, but that's basically the price cap for action figures today. even the cheapest ones are at least 7 +. Though the Playmates action figures lines of Simpsons and TMNT are 6 (at the lowest). I'd like to see more of a compromising price... like 7-8 bucks, but I will still buy them... except for Ernie... :stick_out_tongue:

Maybe the Banana will be a deciding vote for me....