frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
beaker said:
There are now 3 major respected names in Muppet stuff:
Palisades
Sababa
and Fun4all
I would not put all three of those on the same footing. I enjoy and own some of the Sababa beans, but they are not anywhere near top quality and Fun$All is going to have to prove their quality in the line. I haven't been impressed. I don't get these starving analogies. I've never been wild about SS stuff unless it's really good so that doen't apply to my perspective. The only thing I'm hungry for is top-quality products. I've passed on a lot of Muppet items because they didn't look right to me. I've learned that most Muppet fans have high standards and there's nothing wrong with that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Thanks for your comments, but could you answer some of our questions? It's been asked numorous times if Oscar will be sculpted inside his can, but there has been no reply. Is this because you don't know? A simple response even if you don't know would be greatly appreciated. I'm glad you appreciate the input. We'd like to hear some too. :smile:

Don't forget he is a busy guy, and sometimes he can forget all the questions, even the most important ones...

CherryPizza

Reaction score
MuppetFan123 said:
Here are my ideas for figures,playsets,varients and boxed sets based on various sketches from Sesame Street...Feel free to comment or add to it.

Figures with possible Accessories:

Guy Smiley with microphone,Large Nose,and a Letter
Don't stop there; I want the game show playset; the TV studio with Guy as an accessory... btw a "Here is Your Life" book would be a potential GS accessory too

Don Music with piano and beethoven bust
and don't forget the sheet music with lyrics scribbled out because I'LL NEVER GET IT RIGHT... NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!

Herry Monster with red & white striped pants as seen in various books,teddy bear and barbell
Yes, but not his teddy bear, but his DOLLY. sigh, if only the rest of us could be as comfortable with our feminine sides

Lefty the Salesman with jacket that opens to revel the Letter O
Hee hee... Did he ever ask Ernie "hey, wanna buy an E?" Lefty's never likely to be seen on SS again, but if such a sketch exists it'd be especially unlikely to see the light of day... thank you, clubbing generation

Characters I can't think of accessories for:

... Harvey Kneeslapper
A letter to slap on to somebody's chest

Box Set
Follow That Bird featuring Miss Finch & The Dodos
And how about a "Bluebird of Happiness" Big Bird painted blue with the faded shorts?

Come to think about it, why not a Big Bird box set, featuring the original Big Bird, the "standard" Big Bird and the blue one

Um, please, let me be the first to suggest it: BRING ON THE CAROLL SPINNEY ACTION FIGURE

Playsets:
Big Bird's nest... just make sure the pic of "Mr Looper" is there

"Inside Oscar's Can" playset... from the front it's just a trash can sitting on an old crate, but from the back you can see the world inside, where there's a bowling alley, swimming pool, chinese restaurant... and so on

And well, I suppose the Elmo's World playset would be inevitable

radionate

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Don't forget he is a busy guy, and sometimes he can forget all the questions, even the most important ones...
Um, but this one has been asked repeatedly, and is pretty hard to miss. I've yet to really see him answer a single question directly.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yer right... maybe he just doesn't know...

I mean, rarely do you see oscar outside the can, and even still, you never see below his waist. You see his feet only when they pop out of the can...

I have seen the Puppet in real life, (pretty close but not up close and personal) and from what I recall the puppet stops at the waist, like if you cut a Kermit doll just below his waist (sorry for the graphic image. It's the best possible example I have so far), just some fabric hanging out. I'd bet that there's no answer yet because they've working with Sesame Workshop, possibly to see about refference of him out of the can...

If anything, will he have detatchable feet that can't be swallowed to put on the bottom of the can?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Just because the Muppet isn't seen below the waist doesn't mean there isn't one. I think the Oscar could be made to fit in the can, be fully sculpted with neck, shoulder, and hip articulation, and the lid of the can could pop up and down by a hinge (like the one on the show), and there could be a little ledge on the inside of the can that we could position Oscar's feet on to stand him up higher or to the side of it to lower him into the can. Something that could fit between his legs when we lower him I mean.

I'd like to see some major work begin on Bert right now though. That look he has is NOT a good Bert.

danielromens

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I figure if we don't mention what we want now, we'll likely never get it.

If they're going to base something off of 'art,' I wish they'd use these characterizations:

http://www.toughpigs.com/bookclubc800.htm
Joe is one of my favorite Sesame artists ever. If you're going to go for children this is definately the way to go. I just don't like the figs. Cookie is way to bulbous and bottom heavy, Grovers lower jaw is way too big, and Bert doesn't look anything like Bert. No sir, I don't like it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Just because the Muppet isn't seen below the waist doesn't mean there isn't one. I think the Oscar could be made to fit in the can, be fully sculpted with neck, shoulder, and hip articulation, and the lid of the can could pop up and down by a hinge (like the one on the show), and there could be a little ledge on the inside of the can that we could position Oscar's feet on to stand him up higher or to the side of it to lower him into the can. Something that could fit between his legs when we lower him I mean.

I'd like to see some major work begin on Bert right now though. That look he has is NOT a good Bert.
I have never seen his lower body in any book, toy, tv show, movie or anything, that's what I meant. I don't know of any refference of his lower body existing, and I guess SW wants too keep that a secret. Of course, I could be wrong. I mean, they have made an action figure with Dr. Claw's face. Maybe we will see Oscar's body... unless SW doesn't want it.

And as far as this comment

>>If you're going to go for children this is definately the way to go. I just don't like the figs. Cookie is way to bulbous and bottom heavy, Grovers lower jaw is way too big, and Bert doesn't look anything like Bert. No sir, I don't like it.<<

How many times can you explain "They're working on it?"

Remember tiny head, large Body Clifford? Or how about Cream complexion Lew Zeland? I mean, the Style guide compromised artistic integrity, sure, but thesew figures will take shape, don't worry.

Wait until the final product...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oscar's Can!!

Some answer, any answer about Oscar's can would be nice. The topic has been brought up at least 18 times in this thread. Naturally it makes me feel that either our comments aren't really important to them or they are being ignored. It was also asked in bold font. I'd really like to hear it at least addressed even if he has no available information. Do they really want communication or is this just promotional?

I'll make it 19 and write it in a pretty color. LOL!

Can you please tell us any information you know about Oscar being molded inside his trashcan? (if you don't know, please state that too) Thanks

Whew. Hope that works, but just in case, I'll add some smileys. :grouchy: :stick_out_tongue: :frown: :smile: :zany:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but it's the comments like "This is the worst toy line in the world because Grover's Jaw is jutting out a billionth of an inch under his top lip" really are what get me going. it's at a weird angle, okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.