Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I can't wait to know what bonus features will be included, probably an existing video, street story, and clip (based on what we've gotten in the past years DVDs, I won't be surprised if it's a longer-form segment, like a Cookie's Crumby Pictures clip).

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Wondering if the great cookie thief will have any extras like a puzzle or stickers like some of the other SST DVDs I saw at Frys recently.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I've seen on Muppet Wiki that The Cookie Thief's bonus features will be the Cookie Hood episode (I assume it's the whole hour and not just the street story) and Elmo's World: Drawing (which is a good choice for a bonus).

And I saw that on the Elmo Wonder's DVD that, unsurprisingly, the Linus and Lucy music has been replaced. What I am a little surprised by is that it's replaced with an instrumental version of the Sesame Street theme. Surprised considering it's been cut from recent releases, though the instrumental version was still included (for the most part) on Old School Vol. 3, so maybe it's not that big a deal.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Any other news about The Cookie Thief.
I said all that's at Muppet Wiki about it.

I looked at the Elmo Wonders packaging, and I like how it points out that this is the first time Transportation has been released on DVD. I think it's the first Sesame release to note if a segment is on video for the first time. I'd like to think that somebody in charge read some of our posts about how that's the only Elmo's World not on DVD, or maybe the posts complaining about how they still did new Elmo's World DVDs every year after everything but Transportation had been on video*. Or maybe they saw a list of titles and which ones were on DVD and noticed that one didn't have a release (I can't remember if Muppet Wiki has a page listing all episodes and what DVDs they're on, I feel like the episode listing might do that).

Or maybe they looked through files for home video clearances on each episode and saw that that one hadn't been cleared for video.

*And now that every segment is on video, we'll have a more legitimate complain now whenever new Elmo's World videos get announced. Or is the complaint really legit if the complaint comes from those who don't have every Elmo's World on DVD (do any of us here have all the Elmo's World videos? or do any of us have all the Elmo's World segments on DVD but skipped the previous few that were all "video repeats"?)?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about the upcoming Sing It, Elmo! For the most part, it seems skip-able, except I do like that episode with Gordon's father. It's interesting that there's two full episodes from seasons 34 and 35. I wonder if the "My Favorite Sesame Street Moment" cold open will appear (have there been any DVD releases of full season 35 episodes?).

I feel like a release titled "Sing It, Elmo!" should have an Elmo The Musical segment instead of Elmo's World: Singing. I also feel like maybe it should have Elmo's Sing-Along Guessing Game or Elmopalooza as a bonus video. Part of me also feels like this should have been a compilation full of songs Elmo has sung (though the number of Elmo song segments that I feel should get a DVD release is small).

wiley207

Reaction score
Well, I saw according to the Muppet Wiki that on DVD, the "Public Transporation" segment of "Elmo's World" had the Peanuts theme replaced during Dorothy's fantasy of Elmo flying a plane, AND the "Chattanooga Choo-Choo" theme replaced during the fantasy of Elmo driving the train.
Unfortunately, they cut the film with Mark and his mother riding a commuter train to visit his grandfather. I imagine this was also due to music rights, as you can hear the "Chattanooga Choo-Choo" song during it, along with an instrumental of "Down By the Station." I uploaded that film segment right here, as it's probably one of the first times a diesel train was depicted on the show (footage of the Long Island Railroad, to be exact.)
Too bad they couldn't just take this segment without music (if it exists) and simply re-score it.