TV Tropes

Drtooth

Reaction score
This Cracked article really has me thinking about some of the stuff that somehow qualifies for articles on TVTropes.

I've noticed that "Recycled IN SPACE" turns into "GAWD, I hate this thing because it's like something else," for example. Plus, it really feels like certain entries are done only by nonobjective fans instead of more objective types that don't necessarily attack the subject, but mention that it has its problems and detractors. And some pages seem like someone's just dumping on them for the sake of dumping on them.

As it stands, here are the pages for My 2 most hated Cartoons of the past couple years. One doesn't even have a YMMV page (but it seems it shockingly has fans), and the other's YMMV page mentions some actual problems with the show, but passive aggressively like it's the fault of the detractor's for not appreciating it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
TV Tropes is really giving me the runaround regarding my current suspension; they've pretty much acknowledged that there's a problem among the entire site regarding use of first-person adjectives on the subjective pages like Headscratchers, Sugar Wiki pages (Crowning Moment of Funny, Tearjerker, Heartwarming, etc.), and Darth Wiki pages (Wallbangers, Crowning Moment of Suck, etc.), and they recognize that it's a common problem, but they can't seem to bring themselves to admit that they're partly to blame for this for being inconsistent with the way they've been enforcing this particularly rule, because it's clear that the community doesn't seem to be aware that first-person adjectives don't belong on these pages, yet the staff says it's never been allowed and that the community should be aware of that . . . but they apparently aren't.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, after spending a number of weeks having a pow-wow with the mods, they've decided that I'm apparently incapable of learning/following the rules, and are not going to lift my suspension from editing on their wiki.

And, fercryinoutloud, they're holding grudges over mistakes that I've made a long time ago, and have since apologized for making them, and even learned from them -- but apparently, that isn't good enough for them. Heck, they've kept a log of all of my offenses like that of a hardened criminals (seriously, they showed me X-count for this, X-count for that, etc.) They're even saying one of my offenses is grammar. Uh, I'm not exactly an illiterate person, and English was one of my best subjects in school . . . but they say I use "too many commas." Yeah, when I was school, we were taught to use commas, and even semicolons - you know why? Because we were told writing too many short sentences and using too many periods was juvenile and amateurish. But, I guess they're of the common mentality that all commas and semicolons do is "prove you went to college (even though I didn't.)"

Screw 'em. TV Tropes used to be such a fun, engaging, and entertaining site; now it's just a very antagonizing one, despite their claims of promoting a friendly and civil community. When I even mentioned to them how nervous they make me feel being on the site anymore and was considering backing away from the community as a result, they said they didn't even care.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
How do you start a new thread in the forum? I need to ask something but when I look at the forum, I can't find anything to start a thread.

Or, can anybody tell me how to change the title of a page that I started but got something wrong in the title?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Usually, the buttons to start new threads or submit new inquiries for such things are all the way at the bottom of the page - not very convenient.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Usually, the buttons to start new threads or submit new inquiries for such things are all the way at the bottom of the page - not very convenient.
I looked at the top and bottom several times and had trouble. But I eventually found a way to start my thread. I had to click on pages before I found a forum folder, I think.

Harleena

Reaction score
Just one thing I noticed on the main page for Yandere: under the Live-Action TV category on that page, it lists Miss Piggy...I wouldn't really consider her a full out yandere, would you? If anything, she's a borderline yandere (I've actually compared her to Kagura Sohma from Fruits Basket, who is another borderline example).

snichols1973

Reaction score
I never quite understood what a yandere is anyway.
Just one thing I noticed on the main page for Yandere: under the Live-Action TV category on that page, it lists Miss Piggy...I wouldn't really consider her a full out yandere, would you? If anything, she's a borderline yandere (I've actually compared her to Kagura Sohma from Fruits Basket, who is another borderline example).
The word "yandere".... refers to a character who is crazy about someone else...often literally and violently.
The character almost always appears perfectly cute and harmless on the surface... but underneath they may be obsessive, controlling, and sometimes just plain insane. Woe to anyone who happens to be the object of their often genuine affection.

Some of these break-ups might tend to lead the scorned lover into a temporary or psychotic state of insanity.....

Napoleon XIV's "They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!" could very well epitomize the yandere trope....