Favorite Muppet

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Obviously, as you can see from my avatar my favorite muppet is none other than Rowlf the dog. Also, I made a PowerPoint once showcasing my top 25 favorite muppets plus some honorable mentions at the beginning, if anyone wants to see it, I'll post it on Youtube or privately e-mail it to them. In order, here are my top 10 favorite muppets.

10. Sal Minella
9. Animal
8. Gonzo the Great
7. Statler and Waldorf
6. Dr. Teeth
5. Uncle Deadly
4. Fozzie Bear
3. Sam the Eagle
2. Sgt. Floyd Pepper
1. Rowlf the Dog

Skekayuk

Reaction score
I used to have a lot of difficulties over picking an overall favourite Muppet Character. It's one of the problems of having a favourite performer who has done a lot of good characters but not much in the way of big star parts.
But since last Autumn I have found a character who I can honestly say is my favourite. It's Funella Furchester.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Hmm... pretty tough, but I *think* I've narrowed it down to ten. (Key word = think :stick_out_tongue: )

(This is, of course, excluding Sesame Street characters. :wink: )

#10: Sam the Eagle
This politically-active bird is hilarious, especially when he's ranting about anything that's un-American. Who wouldn't want to see Sam be President? :smile:

#9: Lew Zealand

He throws his fish, and they... don't really come back. If only Kermit realized that. :stick_out_tongue: However, this 'clown' is hilarious, especially when the aforementioned frog is around....

#8: Uncle Deadly
Scary? Kinda. This snaggle-toothed 'horror icon' works well in the scarier episodes, like the one with Vincent Price. But he's overall a nice guy, as eventually proved in The Muppets.

#7: Luncheon Counter Monster
Not such a popular character, but I think that the Luncheon Counter Monster was better than Cookie Monster in the Countertop skit (though overall I prefer Cookie :smile: ).

#6: Bobo
This bear-of-all-trades is a funny and lovable character, most notably, in my opinion, in Muppets From Space. He can adapt to do any role that the writers give him, and as such can keep comin' back again and again.

#5: Big V
The very long-nosed Big V was great in the Earthworm skit. Just like Gorgon Heap (hint, hint), he's a big, hungry, purple monster that you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley... or anywhere, really, if you're 3/4 his size...

#4: Kermit
Kermit very nearly got higher. While I usually prefer the less popular characters, Kermit is one that I do enjoy. He's always doing his best to keep things going smoothly, despite all the other characters' antics. It isn't easy being green...

#3: Rowlf
One of the first Muppets, and one of the most popular as well. Ralph has a carefree, happy-go-lucky, 'bartenderish' kind of feel to him. And don't forget, he's actually a pretty darn good piano player, too!

#2: Gorgon Heap
'Sherlock Holmes and the Disappearing Clues' featured Rowlf the Dog, but also Gorgon Heap. While, most would say that that was his best moment, I overall prefer him eating the chef and Kermit in the Vincent Price episode, but both were good, and as such, GH just misses the top spot... sort of...

And now, in WatchMojo-style, here are a few honorable mentions before I reveal my favorite Muppet character of all time...

-Robin
-Floyd Pepper
-Baskerville the Hound
-The Snowths
-Fozzie

#1: Behemoth
If you don't yet know from my avatar, signature, etc., Behemoth is my ultimate favorite Muppet, and one of my favorite characters overall, as well. (Okay, so I guess his name's really Gene... oh well.) From eating Shakey Sanchez to ending up with a frog in his throat, Behemoth is a big, hungry, orange monster that will always be my favorite Muppet.

pjtoadie

Reaction score
Very tough question lol. I'm going to give my top 5 because I don't think I can give just one.

1) Gonzo
2) Dr. Teeth
3) Kermit
4) Fozzie
5) Rizzo

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That's really hard. I really love Frank Oz's version of Miss Piggy and I like the way she's been portrayed in the last few episodes of The Muppets.
I also really like the ABC TV show depiction of Chip, he's really sweet and vulnerable but also very funny and creepy, but at the core all he really wants is a friend.
And of course I love Kermit, who doesn't?
Rowlf and Sam the Eagle are also favorites.