Norman Bridwell passes away

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, isn't that a shame.

I actually wonder, though, how much involvement, if any, he had with the PBS series, upon learning that Marc Brown isn't too incredibly involved with PBS ARTHUR. Maybe I don't remember much about the books from when I was a little kid, but I don't remember much of the entire supporting cast from the cartoon being in the books.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
I was one of many children who grew up reading his books as well, same with watching the PBS show.:frown:

Well, isn't that a shame.

I actually wonder, though, how much involvement, if any, he had with the PBS series, upon learning that Marc Brown isn't too incredibly involved with PBS ARTHUR. Maybe I don't remember much about the books from when I was a little kid, but I don't remember much of the entire supporting cast from the cartoon being in the books.
Sometimes during the end of Arthur, there's a little interstitial called A Word with Marc Brown, where Marc makes an appearance and he thinks of a certain experience where it reminds him about a certain character and he teaches the viewer how to draw that character in each episode. I also saw another one where Marc explains about what he does besides being an author, such as his morning routine, etc...:stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sometimes during the end of Arthur, there's a little interstitial called A Word with Marc Brown, where Marc makes an appearance and he thinks of a certain experience where it reminds him about a certain character and he teaches the viewer how to draw that character in each episode. I also saw another one where Marc explains about what he does besides being an author, such as his morning routine, etc...:stick_out_tongue:
True, but aside from that, he apparently doesn't have much involvement with the production of the show itself; he and his son Tolon are executive producers, but that's about it.

But, I digress.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I was one of the people who grew up with the two PBS KIDS series, Clifford The Big Red Dog and Clifford's Puppy Days, upon reading Clifford: The Little Red Puppy, and growing up with the movie also, so, this news was sad to me, though this also makes me wonder, what's going to happen with the upcoming film that's being developed over at Illumination Entertainment now that the creator has passed away, is it going to be like the Peanuts or Seuss estate, where you only see things based on the books, or is going to be Disney/Muppets where you see new things developed for the franchise and see the movie's still going. guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.