Dealing with depression and anxiety

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm getting very depressed because even after two years after I graduated from college, after passing the VTNE and the state licensing exam, I still don't have a stinking job! I had a working interview yesterday and I did everything that was asked of me right and I still didn't get hired! Once again, someone more experience than me got hired. How am I supposed to get the experience I need if I don't get hired? I don't know what to do anymore, I just feel like giving up. It's like a college degree and being licensed doesn't matter to anybody anymore! I hate the stupid economy!
My hubby could've written this himself. It sucks bro...:frown:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm getting very depressed because even after two years after I graduated from college, after passing the VTNE and the state licensing exam, I still don't have a stinking job! I had a working interview yesterday and I did everything that was asked of me right and I still didn't get hired! Once again, someone more experience than me got hired. How am I supposed to get the experience I need if I don't get hired? I don't know what to do anymore, I just feel like giving up. It's like a college degree and being licensed doesn't matter to anybody anymore! I hate the stupid economy!
I'm sorry you're having a hard time finding a job. I'm in the same boat; I haven't been able to find something since last November, and I've probably applied to 70-plus positions. It's frustrating, but I suppose there's nothing that can solve the issue except for applying to more jobs. I hope you're doing okay today.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I have depression. I've had it ever since my freshman year of high school.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
im' getting depressed because i live with someone who has no hopes for me at all and always have a negitive thing to say when i want to try something new and espects me to back them up whenever they are in a jam and gets mad if i don't which i don't think that they deserve my help and that life has not treated my kind at all and that stereo typing has made my life even worse it has really messed up my chances of getting anything and that everyone in my life try to make me bitter by constantly trying to take things that i love away from me

dwayne1115

Reaction score
im' getting depressed because i live with someone who has no hopes for me at all and always have a negitive thing to say when i want to try something new and espects me to back them up whenever they are in a jam and gets mad if i don't which i don't think that they deserve my help and that life has not treated my kind at all and that stereo typing has made my life even worse it has really messed up my chances of getting anything and that everyone in my life try to make me bitter by constantly trying to take things that i love away from me
I've been there, oh how I have been there. It's hard when every idea, or goal, or thought you may have gets shot down time and time again. The only thing I could suggest is get out of that situation someway some how. Or latter on in life you will look back at everything you could have been, and have lots of regret.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I'm suspecting that I've got depression lately. I've seen a lot of posts on tumblr which describe symptoms very similar to what I've been going through over the past few weeks. I don't know who to talk to in my personal life so I'm turning to this thread.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm suspecting that I've got depression lately. I've seen a lot of posts on tumblr which describe symptoms very similar to what I've been going through over the past few weeks. I don't know who to talk to in my personal life so I'm turning to this thread.
I'm sorry you're feeling this way, perhaps through school you could have access to a mental health counselor who could give you an official diagnosis and then a plan of care. Depression is tough, and it's best not to try and deal with it alone. *hugs*

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Really not doing well, and I'm scared. I just don't have the energy or interest in anything anymore. There are things that go well, but they don't have the effect they should. And then my friend has to go and say, "You just WANT to be depressed." Yeah thanks, you really get it. :coy:

To be fair, he has tried his best to be patient with me. He just has no idea how all this works.

As far as counseling, I'd like to seek it out, but somehow it just never gets done. I take the steps to look, then days past where I do nothing. Lots of self sabotage. I just don't know what to do anymore.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Really not doing well, and I'm scared. I just don't have the energy or interest in anything anymore. There are things that go well, but they don't have the effect they should. And then my friend has to go and say, "You just WANT to be depressed." Yeah thanks, you really get it. :coy:

To be fair, he has tried his best to be patient with me. He just has no idea how all this works.

As far as counseling, I'd like to seek it out, but somehow it just never gets done. I take the steps to look, then days past where I do nothing. Lots of self sabotage. I just don't know what to do anymore.
I hope you can find the strength to seek out counseling and then follow through with things. It can seem overwhelming at first, but if you find the right person, it can really be beneficial. Hope things are going okay.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score

I've just been through counselling over a minor bout of depression.
Go talk to someone. It will be the biggest favor you can ever do for yourself.