Weirdest Things You've Heard People Say About Muppets

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Whilst watching an episode of the muppet show a couple months back My mother walked in and said that I should stop watching such "childish nonsense" and watch something about "real people with real problems", I insisted to her that it's not just for children but she remained unconvinced, I swear people are way too quick to judge what's childish on its looks and don't bother to actually watch and appreciate things anymore.
Who wants to watch something about "real problems"? Entertainment should sometimes work as an escape from your problems, not a reflection of them.

Anyway, the weirdest thing I ever heard anyone say about the Muppets was a friend in college who asked me about Mokey Fraggle's "chest" (to use the most polite term I can think of in place of what he said). Needless to say, my friend always seemed to be living in the gutter, and he had to bring everything down with him there.

Eyeball

Reaction score
Who wants to watch something about "real problems"? Entertainment should sometimes work as an escape from your problems, not a reflection of them.

Anyway, the weirdest thing I ever heard anyone say about the Muppets was a friend in college who asked me about Mokey Fraggle's "chest" (to use the most polite term I can think of in place of what he said). Needless to say, my friend always seemed to be living in the gutter, and he had to bring everything down with him there.
Well that's my mother for you, a cynical person who just can't have fun, and yeah I know a few too many people like the guy you just mentioned, though they have never said anything of the sorts about muppet characters they have about other animated ones and it gets really awkward am I right?.

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
WAY too many of my friends have said that the Muppets are scary! *** guys?? Muppets are freaking amazing!
:smile: