Muppets from Space Cameos

GuySmiley

Reaction score
Hey there!

I was just watching MFS the other day and thought I would watch to see if there were any hidden references in there for us crackpot fans.

So, I'm watching the bit where the spaceship lands and as its coming down there is this crane shot that flies over the crowd as they all look up in amazement. I decided to slow this right down on my DVD player to see if there were any puppeteers in the crowd etc.

One thing I did spot was Link Hogthrob in the crowd wearing his Pigs in Space costume, which I thought was pretty cool.

Some of the crowd members are holding Gonzo signs and right at the back there is one Gonzo sign with an arrow painted on it pointing down. I had a good look and couldn't see anything it was pointing at in particular. I was hoping it would be Dave Goelz or something. Does anyone know if this is supposed to be drawing us fans attention to anything?

Any other cameos or references that people know about in MFS or other films?

Guy!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I remember reading that Steve Whitmire appeared as a hippie who picked up Bunsen and Beaker.

GuySmiley

Reaction score
Originally posted by muppet_dk
You can see pictures of the cameo apperences of the muppeteers in the muppet produktions at http://members.lycos.co.uk/muppeteers/
Now that's a cool site - I think I had spotted most of the ones metioned there - still fun to see though.

Just one thing - was Kathy Mullen working for Henson at the time of the Muppet Movie. In one of the fairground scenes - there is a woman carrying a chicken and I always thought it looked suspiciously like Kathy. Anyone know for sure?

Guy!

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I haven't seen the muppet movie for a long time. So I don't know.
I do know that she did perform in it.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
another crowd member with link is dr. strangepork also in his pigs in space outfit. i think in part of the movie link and strangepork had a few lines but the scene was cut out...

you can also spot zondra, sam, bean bunny, and the electric mayhem in the crowd scene too

ryan

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I saw the first list. That is cool. It's interesting that sometimes the puppateers interact with their own characters. (Ex: Frank beating up Fozzie, Steve picking up Beaker.)

Also don't forget about accidental puppateer spottings, such as showing Dave's hand performing Zoot in TMM. I remember hearing about a lot of situations like that on TMS.

Salmoto

Reaction score
Link is also wandering around the bottom floor of the boarding house during "Brick House" in his casual dress. I thought I saw Leon somewhere but I wasn't entirely sure.