The Most Annoying Kids Shows

Drtooth

Reaction score
I found Cosmo annoying because of his stupidity,why does Wanda put up with him?
Oddly enough, in the original Oh Yeah shorts, they were reversed. Wanda was the much less competent one, and Cosmo was much less of an idiot. Even had less of a high pitched moron voice and sounded more like a 1950's father figure type. Stragely enough, as did Timmy's Dad.

Now you have to admit, Timmy's Mother and Father are complete freaking idiots, so they belong with each other.

Anything wrong with the show is just long runner syndrome. Flanderization, new characters that didn't need to be added... I just wish that Nick would put effort into TUFF Puppy. That's my favorite of the Butch Hartman shows.

snichols1973

Reaction score
I also find TUFF Puppy enjoyable, especially whenever Birdbrain's assistants such as Owl and Bat go into a "Who?" "Where?" sequence, which brings Abbott & Costello's "Who's on First" routine to mind.

Keswick reminds me of Prof. Frink from The Simpsons, another variation on Jerry Lewis' Nutty Professor character.

Another occasional gag is Dudley's unusual fear of wearing pants; both Dudley and Snaptrap seem to have occasional "pet peeves" when it involves their private lives, especially when being occasionally hassled by their mothers....

It might be interesting if they could find more roles for Carlos Alazraqui, one of the more familiar Nicktoon voice artists (Rocko, Walden, Mr. Crocker, etc.)

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I found Cosmo annoying because of his stupidity,why does Wanda put up with him?

I guess for the same reason Marge puts up with Homer (although at least Homer has his decent moments).

I actually consider TUFF Puppy an annoying kids' show, because it's just loud and obnoxious (even the background music). The main character is annoying, the supporting cast is annoying, the villains are annoying.

I think the problem with most shows on Nickelodeon nowadays is that the idea of writing characters who are morons or jerks (or both) who are still funny and likable seems lost on them. Writing a dumb character or one with a bit of a mean streak who's still likable and funny is possible (even in kids' shows), but the characters on most of Nick's recent shows (TUFF Puppy, iCarly, Victorious, Sam and Cat, and even the last few seasons of Fairly Oddparents and Spongebob) are just annoying and unlikable.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll give you this. Butch Hartman shows are kinda an acquired taste. They're not exactly the sort of thing to watch if you have a headache (or worse... a hangover. I can't imagine what kind of torture that would be. Good thing I don't drink).

And you do kinda have to like shows with a cast of buffoons to like TUFF Puppy. Personally, I kinda had an idea of secret agent animals since High School, and it would tick me off someone made that a show with something similar premise... but as I have no way to do something with it, I don't mind.

Still, I think the worst Nicktoon (and we all know this by now, but I'll say it yet again) was Rocket Power. Nothing says cynical attempt to be relevant than X-TREEEEEEEEEEME sports and building a generic show about kids around it. And I tend to enjoy almost every Nicktoon I've seen. The other one I hate is Fanboy and Chum Chum. UGH! Makes Tuff Puppy look like Downton Abby.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I'll give you this. Butch Hartman shows are kinda an acquired taste. They're not exactly the sort of thing to watch if you have a headache (or worse... a hangover. I can't imagine what kind of torture that would be. Good thing I don't drink).

And you do kinda have to like shows with a cast of buffoons to like TUFF Puppy. Personally, I kinda had an idea of secret agent animals since High School, and it would tick me off someone made that a show with something similar premise... but as I have no way to do something with it, I don't mind.

Still, I think the worst Nicktoon (and we all know this by now, but I'll say it yet again) was Rocket Power. Nothing says cynical attempt to be relevant than X-TREEEEEEEEEEME sports and building a generic show about kids around it. And I tend to enjoy almost every Nicktoon I've seen. The other one I hate is Fanboy and Chum Chum. UGH! Makes Tuff Puppy look like Downton Abby.

I don't drink either, so I don't have hangovers ever. And the problem isn't that TUFF Puppy is a cast of buffoons, because like I said, that CAN work, if the characters are likable, but I just find the cast of TP (just realizing how appropriate those initials are, IMO) much too annoying to be likable.

But you're right about Rocket Power. Not only was the extreme sports gimmick really contrived, but it was another one where the main cast was too unlikable to enjoy (the egomaniac, the control freak, the moron, and the wimp; gee, what likable traits to choose from:rolleyes:).

And I think Fanboy and Chum Chum is pretty universally hated, so saying it makes TUFF Puppy look good is kind of like saying being stabbed in the stomach is better than being steamrolled.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I do like RP more for Twister and Sam, as well as the side characters. Plus, I liked how in the later episodes, Sam slowly grows into a more competent athlete.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I like Cosmo though. He is one of my favorite characters on "The Fairly Oddparents" besides Crocker!