What Movies You Hate But Everyone Else Likes

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
What Movies You Hate But Everyone Else Likes? Here Is 2 Movies I hate Tangled Paranorman

Drtooth

Reaction score
Any Will Ferrell movie that is Elf.

Eh, Bob Newhart was alright in it.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I thought the first Iron Man was boring after two separate viewings, and I'm still stunned that Safety Not Guaranteed got all the praise that it received from critics despite the entire movie being constructed from plot holes.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Cars 2: A lot of people said it sucked, but nope, not my friends, they thought it was COOL.
The Avengers (2012): When I watched it I thought it sucked, but everyone else said, THIS WAS GREAT! WE HAVE TO HAVE THIS AGAIN.
Star Wars Episode 3: My friends actually thought this awesome too, but I thought it wasn't Star Wars, and I was one of the few people in my class who actually HATED IT.
Ratatouille: I HATED THIS FILM, but apparently not everybody else in my class, seriously I thought it was BORING, and my teacher next door in middle school kept bringing it to class.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Iron Man (All three): I'm not really fond of Iron Man.
The Avengers: Same reason as Iron Man.
The Smurfs: Make a bad movie based off a cartoon that was OK, throw in phrases like "Oh my smurf." and "Where the smurf are we?" and you've got one of the worst cartoon adaptations ever made.
The Dark Knight: I don't see why everyone loves Batman that much.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Make a bad movie based off a cartoon that was OK, throw in phrases like "Oh my smurf." and "Where the smurf are we?" and you've got one of the worst cartoon adaptations ever made.
Um, isn't that basically the way they always talked?

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Maybe so. (I don't remember) But I think it's getting a little old (But that's just me.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Um, isn't that basically the way they always talked?
No. Not at all. The word "smurf" came into conversations as replacements for random words. In the FAR better Smurfs and the Magic Flute movie (which I can no longer find a clip of...*&^%!!!), Peewit tries to speak Smurf, and asks for a glass of water "I would like a smurf," and the Smurfs would hand him various objects, causing Peewit to start shouting. Essentially like a tourist.

In the movie, Smurf was used as a swear word substitute, like it was a Family Guy cutscene or a Robot Chicken skit. or some other crude parody.

Personally, I hated how they kept saying how blue they were.

They got odd parts of the mythos right. Like how Greedy Smurf was never the Chef, and his HB cartoon appearance was an amalgam of 3 characters (a Chef, a Baker, and Greedy, who just liked to eat). They remembered Smurfette was a villain first (seems like they're actually doing that with the next one), and even had some nods to Peyo.

But they got the Smurf personalities either almost correct or wrong. Brainy never once sucked up to Papa Smurf, nor did he get beaten up for being a ******. Eh, at least the human actors actually wanted to be there and actually acted like they liked being in the film, unlike some kiddy film adaptions (cough-terrible Ranger Smith in Yogi Bear-cough-I'll never let that go-cough cough).

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
No. Not at all. The word "smurf" came into conversations as replacements for random words. In the FAR better Smurfs and the Magic Flute movie (which I can no longer find a clip of...*&^%!!!), Peewit tries to speak Smurf, and asks for a glass of water "I would like a smurf," and the Smurfs would hand him various objects, causing Peewit to start shouting. Essentially like a tourist.

In the movie, Smurf was used as a swear word substitute, like it was a Family Guy cutscene or a Robot Chicken skit. or some other crude parody.

Personally, I hated how they kept saying how blue they were.

They got odd parts of the mythos right. Like how Greedy Smurf was never the Chef, and his HB cartoon appearance was an amalgam of 3 characters (a Chef, a Baker, and Greedy, who just liked to eat). They remembered Smurfette was a villain first (seems like they're actually doing that with the next one), and even had some nods to Peyo.

But they got the Smurf personalities either almost correct or wrong. Brainy never once sucked up to Papa Smurf, nor did he get beaten up for being a ******. Eh, at least the human actors actually wanted to be there and actually acted like they liked being in the film, unlike some kiddy film adaptions (cough-terrible Ranger Smith in Yogi Bear-cough-I'll never let that go-cough cough).
I don't know the Smurfs too well as original characters, so I thought the movie was cute. Yogi Bear was boring whether you saw the original or not. I personally hate the Scooby Doo movie, because it tried to be a spoof of the original and worst of all....making Scrappy-Doo (a character I personally like) the villain.