My FIRST ever attempt at making a puppet...

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi fellow puppet fans and builders.

I have had the butterick fraggle rock gobo and Red sewing patterns for many years and keep thinking I must have a go at making those!!
I didn't want to just copy the patterns I wanted to tweak them to make them more Fraggly.

Anyway I bought all the stuff, wire, foam, feathers,fur and course antron fleece. My attempt at dying the fleece yellow failed and I ended up with a baby pink colour. While waiting for the proper dye to arrive I thought I might as well practice with the pink fleece. I had never tried the Henson stitch before!!
A few days later the yellow dye arrived and I managed to dye some antron yellow. But as I already started my 'pink' fraggle I bought I may as well keep going. All practice to attempt Red and Gobo.

Here is what I ended up with, it took about 4 weeks.

I have never ever attempted to make a puppet before! This is a poser and not a puppet.
Let me know what you think?

Chris

downunderbatman

Reaction score
Wow absolutely incredible, your first puppet is certainly better than my first attempt. I'd be proud of that. You must be pretty happy with the results.

Bridget

Reaction score
It's- Pink! How lovely! Thanks so much for sharing, I think it's fantastic for your first!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It looks excellent! Definitely captures the wild, fluffy hair and fur of the Fraggles from the show.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Looks marvelous! I especially love the tail! Would be cool to see what it looked like with the yellow AF skin. :excited:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Looks perfect Chris!! Excellent craftsmanship there. :excited: I know your future Fraggles will look just as nice!

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Come on, really? All of us try to make our first puppet, and it turns out like a ball of felt and fleece. You make your first puppet, and *BOOM* the character looks like it is straight from Fraggle Rock. Very nicely done!

-MB

BoxGhost

Reaction score
This is AMAZING! My first puppet certainly didn't turn out this good! Great work!

TML

Reaction score
She's wonderful. Beautiful craftsmanship. What's her name? She looks very thoughtful, like Mokey.