The Muppets to appear on "Good Luck Charlie" April 28, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Of course we fans know that the Muppet Show was created as a prime time program for adults and the Muppets are supposed to be for all audiences.

That said, the marketplace is much different than it was in 1976. Children drive the market now more than ever and not enough of them have the connection with the Muppets that we do. Today's audiences don't often channel surf outside of their own comfort zones either. This means that the Muppets must continue to appear on all sorts of relevant programming, specifically those geared to younger audiences.

However, that does not mean they should be lobotomized and I don't think they have been from the clips I've seen. I think Disney's doing a good job forming and maintaining connections with the Muppets. My only gripe is that they need more Muppet merchandise in stores. More kids like the Muppets, the more products we'll see.

This appearance is a good thing. :smile:
I'd say it's about time to start viral videos again or some sort of TV special by the time the movie comes out. A Tweeny show that only tweens watch is a good way to give them exposure to tweens (and frankly, I'll accept them on a tween show before I even acknowledge they were on The Botulism er... Bachelor), but at the mean time, we'd like something too. No doubt that by the time the movie comes out, The Muppets will have many more appearances in shows of cross generational appeal.

But I agree. We need a better merchandising presence. For the million billionth time, I don't understand how the line of plush toys at Disney sold out in a holiday shopping season, and barely got restocked, let alone new products. I guess they're saving it for the next film.

Status
Not open for further replies.