Minor Muppetz' TMS Outline: Robert Reed

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This outline takes place during the third season.

Cold Opening/ Dressing Room

Scooter: Robert Reed, 15 seconds 'till curtain.
Robert Reed: (reading scripts) I cannot beleive this! My agent lied to me.
Scooter: What's wrong?
Robert reed: My agent tyold me that i would get to do better stuff than I did on The Brady Bunch. But these scripts make the average episode of The Brady Bunch look like classics.

Opening/ Balcony
Statler: I'll read whatever tonights guest star reads.
Waldorf: Okay, but what does Robert read?
(they laugh)

Opening/ Gonzo's trumpet
After gonzo blows his horn, the screen moves back into 9 seperate screens, a la The Brady Bunch opening. Above Gonzo is Miss Piggy, under Gonzo is Kermit, on the right from bottom to top is Gladys, Annie Sue, and janice, and on the left from bottom to top is Rowlf, Fozzie, and Scooter. Gonzo says, "We must be the muppet bunch".

Introduction
Kermit mentions that it's time for a great openign number.

Opening Number: This is It
The muppets sing the theme song from The Bugs Bunny Show. It begins with Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, and Scooter singing together, all wearing vaudville attire, and they get joined by a kickline consisting of Miss Piggy, Mildred, Wayne, Gladys, Bunsen, Beaker, Nigel, Droop, Flower-eating Monster, and Marvin Suggs.

Balcony
Waldorf: Well, I guess that was it.
Statler: Good. Can we go home now?

Backstage
Robert Reed tells Kermit that he refuses to do the first skit that Kermit has planned for him, "Flower Boy", which was written by Gonzo. Gonzo's feelings get hurt, but Robert does not care. Robert says that he found somebody else to do the act instead, but then Thog comes out wearing a flower on his head and in torn clothes, which was aparantly too small to fit Thog. Gonzo tells Kermitt o just cancel the act.

The Swedish Chef
The Swedish Chef makes a peanut butter sandwhich. He puts several peanuts on top of a slice of bread, and then hits the peanuts with a mallet before putting the last slice on.

Muppet News
The newsman reports that four out of every five monsters like the news. This is proven when Boppity, Snake Frackle, Flower-eating Monster and Miss kitty come out and eat the papers that the newsman had, but then Behemoth comes out and eats the newsman ("I'm the fifth monster", says Behemoth, "And I like newsmen").

Backstage
The newsman sticks his head out of Behemoth and complains about doing the news. Meanwhile, Robert Reed complains about the other skit that was planned for him, a sketch where Robert plays a balloon salesman who drinks tie dye. Gladys comes backstage and says that one of the monsters drank all of the tie dye anyway. Robert says that compared to this, The Brady Bunch was a fun show to work on.

UK Spot: Up, Up and Away
Sung by the birds as they fly in the sky. Their act get's interrupted by a few hang gliders.

Veterinarians Hospital
Nigel is the patient, and he sneezes throughout the skit. Rowlf says that he must be allergic to the hospital. Miss Piggy thinks that he's alergic to the jokes. The skit ends with the announcer saying, "Tune in next week when you'll hear... ah-ah-ahchoo!"

Backstage
Bunsen tells Kermit that he has invented a mahcine that can make anybody agree on anything. Kermit tells Bunsne that he does not think that he should promote an invention like that in Muppet Labs, but then Bunsen uses it on Kermit and makes Kermit agree to let him show it off in Muppet Labs.

Muppet Labs
Bunsen shows off the invention. He says that Beaker hates brussle sprout sandwhiches, but after using it on Beaker, he get's Beaker to agree to like brussle sprout sandwhiches. he then uses it on the audience and get's them all to agree that the show is good and come next week.

Balcony
Statler and Waldorf are glad that Bunsen didn't use that machine on them.

Backstage
Robert Reed comes backstage and refuses to do the closing number, so Bunsne uses the machien on Robert, and he agrees to do the closing number. Fozzie wants to use the machine to get Statler and waldorf to agree that his jokes are good, but Kermit tells Fozzie that he doesn't have time to let Fozzie do an act. Fozzie tries to use the machine on Kermit so that Kermit will agree to let him perform, but the machine runs out of fuel.

Introduction
Kermit: "And now, here is Robert Reed, who will finally do an act on the show!"

Closing Number: Let The Sun Shine
Robert Reed get's backed up by the electric mayhem on a hill with a sun shining in the background, but the lighting used to make the sun work goes out, making the set darker.

Backstage
Kermit tells Beauregard that he told him to change the light bulb in the sun. Beauregard says that he forgot.

Good Night
Kermit: Well, we thank you for watching. But I'd like to give thanks, I think, to Robert Reed! (Robert Reed comes out) Hey, you had a good time.
Robert Reed: No, I didn't.
Kermit: I'm confused. I thought Bunsen used his machine on you, which is supposed to force you to agree with everything.
Robert Reed: Well, the effect wore off.
Kermit: Oh, rats. Well, we'll see you all next time on The Muppet Show!
(Bunsen, Beaker, The Swedish Chef, and Behemoth all come on-stage)

After Credits
Statler: That show was wonderful!
Waldorf: That show was the best ever!
Bunsen: (entering balcony) Well, I'm so glad that my machine worked.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Top marks Minor Muppetz. My favourite part was the newsman skit.
Behemoth likes newsmen eh.
"Hello Mr. Newsman. My name is Behemoth. I'm so very pleased to meet uh EAT you." HAHAHAHAHAHA!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After I wrote this, I started thinking that I should have had a scene with Robert Reed and Sam the Eagle. They would have probably gotten along well, having the same feelings towards the show.

Sometimes I wonder if Robert Reed would have wanted to appear on The Muppet Show. I know that he despised being on The Brady Bunch, and many networks thought of puppets being for kids, probably more so than The Brady Bunch.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That's a very good idea about Sam and Robert. I agree the chemistry between them would have been nice.

kathy26

Reaction score
can you do some of those muppet dialogues please?

Stan Davis

Reaction score
who perform these characters
Behemoth
the birds in the uk spot

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
This outline takes place during the third season.

Cold Opening/ Dressing Room

Scooter: Robert Reed, 15 seconds 'till curtain.
Robert Reed: (reading scripts) I cannot beleive this! My agent lied to me.
Scooter: What's wrong?
Robert reed: My agent tyold me that i would get to do better stuff than I did on The Brady Bunch. But these scripts make the average episode of The Brady Bunch look like classics.

Opening/ Balcony
Statler: I'll read whatever tonights guest star reads.
Waldorf: Okay, but what does Robert read?
(they laugh)

Opening/ Gonzo's trumpet
After gonzo blows his horn, the screen moves back into 9 seperate screens, a la The Brady Bunch opening. Above Gonzo is Miss Piggy, under Gonzo is Kermit, on the right from bottom to top is Gladys, Annie Sue, and janice, and on the left from bottom to top is Rowlf, Fozzie, and Scooter. Gonzo says, "We must be the muppet bunch".

Introduction
Kermit mentions that it's time for a great openign number.

Opening Number: This is It
The muppets sing the theme song from The Bugs Bunny Show. It begins with Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, and Scooter singing together, all wearing vaudville attire, and they get joined by a kickline consisting of Miss Piggy, Mildred, Wayne, Gladys, Bunsen, Beaker, Nigel, Droop, Flower-eating Monster, and Marvin Suggs.

Balcony
Waldorf: Well, I guess that was it.
Statler: Good. Can we go home now?

Backstage
Robert Reed tells Kermit that he refuses to do the first skit that Kermit has planned for him, "Flower Boy", which was written by Gonzo. Gonzo's feelings get hurt, but Robert does not care. Robert says that he found somebody else to do the act instead, but then Thog comes out wearing a flower on his head and in torn clothes, which was aparantly too small to fit Thog. Gonzo tells Kermitt o just cancel the act.

The Swedish Chef
The Swedish Chef makes a peanut butter sandwhich. He puts several peanuts on top of a slice of bread, and then hits the peanuts with a mallet before putting the last slice on.

Muppet News
The newsman reports that four out of every five monsters like the news. This is proven when Boppity, Snake Frackle, Flower-eating Monster and Miss kitty come out and eat the papers that the newsman had, but then Behemoth comes out and eats the newsman ("I'm the fifth monster", says Behemoth, "And I like newsmen").

Backstage
The newsman sticks his head out of Behemoth and complains about doing the news. Meanwhile, Robert Reed complains about the other skit that was planned for him, a sketch where Robert plays a balloon salesman who drinks tie dye. Gladys comes backstage and says that one of the monsters drank all of the tie dye anyway. Robert says that compared to this, The Brady Bunch was a fun show to work on.

UK Spot: Up, Up and Away
Sung by the birds as they fly in the sky. Their act get's interrupted by a few hang gliders.

Veterinarians Hospital
Nigel is the patient, and he sneezes throughout the skit. Rowlf says that he must be allergic to the hospital. Miss Piggy thinks that he's alergic to the jokes. The skit ends with the announcer saying, "Tune in next week when you'll hear... ah-ah-ahchoo!"

Backstage
Bunsen tells Kermit that he has invented a mahcine that can make anybody agree on anything. Kermit tells Bunsne that he does not think that he should promote an invention like that in Muppet Labs, but then Bunsen uses it on Kermit and makes Kermit agree to let him show it off in Muppet Labs.

Muppet Labs
Bunsen shows off the invention. He says that Beaker hates brussle sprout sandwhiches, but after using it on Beaker, he get's Beaker to agree to like brussle sprout sandwhiches. he then uses it on the audience and get's them all to agree that the show is good and come next week.

Balcony
Statler and Waldorf are glad that Bunsen didn't use that machine on them.

Backstage
Robert Reed comes backstage and refuses to do the closing number, so Bunsne uses the machien on Robert, and he agrees to do the closing number. Fozzie wants to use the machine to get Statler and waldorf to agree that his jokes are good, but Kermit tells Fozzie that he doesn't have time to let Fozzie do an act. Fozzie tries to use the machine on Kermit so that Kermit will agree to let him perform, but the machine runs out of fuel.

Introduction
Kermit: "And now, here is Robert Reed, who will finally do an act on the show!"

Closing Number: Let The Sun Shine
Robert Reed get's backed up by the electric mayhem on a hill with a sun shining in the background, but the lighting used to make the sun work goes out, making the set darker.

Backstage
Kermit tells Beauregard that he told him to change the light bulb in the sun. Beauregard says that he forgot.

Good Night
Kermit: Well, we thank you for watching. But I'd like to give thanks, I think, to Robert Reed! (Robert Reed comes out) Hey, you had a good time.
Robert Reed: No, I didn't.
Kermit: I'm confused. I thought Bunsen used his machine on you, which is supposed to force you to agree with everything.
Robert Reed: Well, the effect wore off.
Kermit: Oh, rats. Well, we'll see you all next time on The Muppet Show!
(Bunsen, Beaker, The Swedish Chef, and Behemoth all come on-stage)

After Credits
Statler: That show was wonderful!
Waldorf: That show was the best ever!
Bunsen: (entering balcony) Well, I'm so glad that my machine worked.
Lol. I was waiting for the machine to effect :sleep: and :boo:. Yeah. I know Reed had issues with the scripts and everything when he was on The Brady Bunch. Seems like you really know his personality. Makes one wonder why they didn't do anything like this when Florence Henderson was one the show. I liked the references to 'The Muppet Bunch' and The Bugs Bunny Show. I can really picture Kermit and Fozzie doing that overture the way Bugs and Daffy did it.