Valerie Harper has brain cancer

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
She was being interviewed on CNN last night by Piers Morgan.
It was really sad to watch, knowing that she only has a few more weeks to live, and she must be really scared.
But she seemed very brave, and she had a very positive attitude about it. She kept saying, she knows her time has come, like all of us, our time has to come eventually and maybe even hopefully she'll be able to fight this one, like last time.

It was very inspiring and sad to watch. :cry:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Brave is an understatement. She plans to fight this and to live life and enjoy it as much as she has left. If she dies in a few months, then she dies in a few months. That's the amount of fight that's in her. All the while, everyone around her is basically writing her off as already dead. She's actually living a Monty Python routine. I don't feel sorry for someone who's looking death in the face and laughing. Not at all. That's something to applaud. I feel more sorry for the fact that she's bravely fighting this thing and everyone's basically Debbie Downer and saying "Sure, you're happy... now. We're already completely depressed."

Really. Such courage in the face of such a fatal diagnosis. I'd be more surprised if she did die in 3 months.

Animal'sBunny

Reaction score
She was in one of my favourite episodes of TMS. I'm too young to have seen her in anything else, but she was so amazing in that one episode that I'm really sad about this. She's so inspiring, though. She's using it to raise awareness and she's being so brave, laughing and joking and living life. It's horrible that her life is being cut short, but I respect her a lot for the way she is taking it.