My very amateur puppet attempts

Trisha

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Trisha and I like writing for children, I kind of started making puppets because of this but I must admit I don't have the basic knowledge of puppetry. In any case, I started recording two of my characters: my first puppet ever, Clovis the vampire (not as experienced as The Count von Count) and his friend Wolfy Hood. They appear in a video called "Tea time". It is available in three languages on my Youtube channel but I'm only posting the English version here:

There is a shorter clip with Wolfy. I am posting the English video:

The videos have their limitations as well because it was all done by me so the camera shots may look strange. Having said that, I hope they're not that bad.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
aw they're cute! And your set is adorable. I take it Clovis is a glove puppet?

Good job. With each puppet you learn something new & with each puppet I make I still say, "Oh I know what I'll do differently with the next one!" You'll just keep getting better & better. :smile:

Trisha

Reaction score
Thank you for the comments, Stacey. I hope my work improves. Both Clovis and Wolfy are glove puppets, although Wolfy is a bit too big and Clovis a bit too long! :smile:

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Oh, i totally thought Wolfy was a mouth puppet. He's probably big enough to become one easily :smile:

I haven't made too many glove puppets, but it's something I want to do more of.

Trisha

Reaction score
I haven't posted for a while but I just wanted to share my puppets' little website: clovisthevampire.com. The newest video is called "Cooking with Wolves". Despite me trying hard, there are many things to improve. I record everything at home with a tablet. My street is quite noisy day and night so getting anything done takes several hours. Wolfy's accent is a bit broad so I hope it's not much of a problem.