TV Alert: Muppets on WWE Tribute to the Troops December 19 and December 22

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Eh... That was pretty cringeworthy, to be Frank. (Hereby referring to a lovable Frank Oz curmudgeon sensibility.) The Muppets shouldn't be working with WWE. That's beneath them.
Sadly I agree. This was one of those appearances that I hoped would be a thing of the past now Disney appeared to have got to grips with the Muppets*. I still enjoy seeing them though, even if it does make me feel embarrassed. It's strange as I've seen some of the best Muppet appearances of recent years since the Muppets "came back". Steve Whitmire and Bill Barretta deserve considerable praise for doing some of the funniest improvised appearances I can recall. Still, it's the Muppets and they are on our screens.

*The dury's still out on that one for now :wink:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder the Muppets will be on the one-hour version of WWE Tribute to the Troops tonight on NBC at 9 eastern, 8 central! Many more people will see tonight's show than the 2-hour USA network version that aired on Wednesday night.

If you saw this appearance, please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I loved it. I liked Pepe and Rizzo drooling over whoever the female wrestler was, cause that's what I was feeling. But, I have to wonder: Did Kevin perform the goat? It sounded like it.
I didn't think about it. Would this have been taped before Kevin's departure or is he still doing TMS characters, or maybe that wasn't Kevin? I don't know. I missed that scene altogether:

:smile::embarrassed::concern:: I don't know. I missed that scene.

Was that even on the NBC version? Just curious there.

Are we sure it was Rizzo?? But seriously it's so nice when Steve can perform Rizzo! Since Kermit takes up most of his time nowadays.
Yeah. I liked what Steve said in that interview about someday performing :shifty: away from Kermit on a talk show or something. That would be neat to see.

BTW Pinkflower, thanks for posting those clips. I know the one with Pepe and Rizzo wasn't on the NBC version. Actually, I could use some tips from Rizzo on how to charm a woman. :smile:

snichols1973

Reaction score
Is it me, or did anyone else consider the Miz's "gentlemanly intervention" to be a bit of hidden ulterior chauvinism?

Miss Piggy is considered very capable of defending herself with a master's degree in karate and could easily have done a number on Damien Sandow, as well as the Miz for "hogging the spotlight" in spite of his seemingly chivalrous intentions....

uncle deadly333

Reaction score
There is a video of hornswoggle's muppet collection just go on youtube and tipe in "Wwe muppet collection" and scroll down a bit.