Annoying Characters

Muppetfan2011

Reaction score
I think Elmo has to be the most annoying i really hated his high pitch voice and laugh

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Like I said earlier, I dislike how big Animal is compared to the rest of the Electric Mayhem. ESPCIALLY since I saw a t-shirt with the whole Electric Mayhem ( FINNALLY) sans Lips, but the thing is, Animal was in color, and the rest of the Mayhem was in black and white. :mad::fishy::sympathy:
Yeah, I have that shirt!

Powerstars

Reaction score
You know what? I dislike Elmo, but he's NOTHING compared to Zoe. Good lord, that laugh. The look. The voice. She's worse than Piggy. At least Piggy had her moments and wasn't ALWAYS annoying. She's a fairly good character. And I feel sorry for Bean. MCC. MFS. That little...um...bunny is always getting hurt! He used to do something! Although, I must say, he was good in "Stand By Me." Animal used to get on my nerves, but I like him now, although, I agree, he's overrated. My favorite member of the band, Floyd, is overshadowed by him. Besides, he needs someone to keep him "in controoool."

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I actually like all the Muppet characters, and the worst ones just rated ok on my radar.

That is until I discovered Cantus the Minstrel from Fraggle Rock.

Yeah, I've only seen him in one episode so far, but, by God, he's annoying! He comes out of no-where and expects everyone is Fraggle Rock to find their song and join in a medley without asking anyone's permission. He never, ever gives a straight answer when anyone asks him something, always look inside yourself! Yeah, all well and good but hey, newsflash! Not every ******* problem in the world can be resolved by looking inside yourself! He never fully explains what a song is, he gives Red a hard time, which caused her to steal the magic pipe. He eventually calls to his pipe, only after makin Red go get it in the Grogs' Graden to fetch it. What a ******!

Ok, maybe I'm being too harsh. I do kinda like his voice, design and ability to keep unnaturally calm. I probably would have liked this character more if he just lost it at the end, which would have been funny. Besides, I've only seen him in one episode and I know he appears again in each season, so maybe it's too early for me to judge this character. But until I see him again, HAAAAAATE!:mad:

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
[...] That is until I discovered Cantus the Minstrel from Fraggle Rock.

Yeah, I've only seen him in one episode so far, but, by God, he's annoying! He comes out of no-where and expects everyone is Fraggle Rock to find their song and join in a medley without asking anyone's permission. He never, ever gives a straight answer when anyone asks him something, always look inside yourself! Yeah, all well and good but hey, newsflash! Not every ******* problem in the world can be resolved by looking inside yourself! He never fully explains what a song is, he gives Red a hard time, which caused her to steal the magic pipe. He eventually calls to his pipe, only after makin Red go get it in the Grogs' Graden to fetch it. What a ******!

Ok, maybe I'm being too harsh. I do kinda like his voice, design and ability to keep unnaturally calm. I probably would have liked this character more if he just lost it at the end, which would have been funny. Besides, I've only seen him in one episode and I know he appears again in each season, so maybe it's too early for me to judge this character. But until I see him again, HAAAAAATE!:mad:
I am SO surprised. Seriously. Cantus is one of my very favorite characters of all time! I have never thought of him like this ever! Haha!

If you see other episodes with him, believe me...I don't think you'll like him any more :stick_out_tongue: Because in the other episodes he appears in, he basically becomes looked to as a kind of music god that makes everyone go crazy when he arrives.

You like the Gorgs more than Cantus?!

[EDIT: When you see other Cantus episodes, you really gotta let me know how your opinion evolves :excited:]

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
You like the Gorgs more than Cantus?!

[EDIT: When you see other Cantus episodes, you really gotta let me know how your opinion evolves :excited:]
I didn't say I liked the Grogs more than Cantus. I was saying that he basically forced Red to go into great danger to retrieve what is his when he could've gone in and got it himself or, better yet, call to his pipe so that it would come to him so no one would be in danger. It is magic, after all.

But now that you mention it, yes I DO like the Grogs better than Cantus. They're funny!

And yes, I will be sure to let you know when I see those episodes.

bandit

Reaction score
Ahh I love Cantus! He's kind of tongue in cheek sometimes. He imparts all of his wisdom...only he does it in these vague terms. You just know Jim and the writers were digging the whole 'guru' thing and playing with it.
Also, I know Cantus was largely based on Jim Henson himself. The writer modeled and tailored him to his character. It's hard to dislike the guy when you know that....at least, it is for me.

Red was never in any danger, though. Cantus knew how to handle the Gorgs so that is why he let her go out there. Besides, she kinda had to be throttled for her little thieving stint. Fair's fair! I love Red (Gee, obviously!) but she did all of that to herself.

Of course, you don't HAVE to like Cantus. None of us have to like any of them so if you don't you don't. ^_^ ...But I will say...

O_O YOU guys are ALL nuts liking the Gorgs! UGH! Can't stand those mountainous dolts!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I was saying that he basically forced Red to go into great danger to retrieve what is his when he could've gone in and got it himself
Yeah but then she wouldn't have learned anything. :wink:

O_O YOU guys are ALL nuts liking the Gorgs! UGH! Can't stand those mountainous dolts!
Well I like how Junior Gorg started out as a pretty straight forward baddie but over time we get to know the pain he lives with being so lonely all the time and the irony that he's always trying to hurt the ones that could be his friends. I think a lot of so-called "bad" people in the world are just lost that way.