Plymouth Muppet Traffic Safety Show

CountFan1998

Reaction score
For fans who don't know, in 1988 (possibly earlier) Jim Henson :smile:jim:smile: teamed up with the Plymouth division of Chrysler to create a touring presentation about traffic safety. Kids could ride in small vans around a movie backlot featuring animatronic Muppets ( i.e. :smile::mad::embarrassed::concern::halo:, and even :eek::zany::cluck: and Robin!) created by Advanced Animations, that told visitors about various traffic safety lessons while filming their newest film.

What I want to know, is if anyone on here has seen/experienced it, or if there is any known video online. The whole concept seems really interesting! :smile:

CountFan1998

Reaction score
If anyone knows the lyrics to Play it Safe, that would also be helpful. :big_grin: Thanks!

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Yeah, (without sounding sarcastic) I already saw it. Most of the photos out there I have already seen. The attention to detail is superb, :concern: as the camerman and :zany:s coming out of the schoolbus is genius! Any other information would be helpful. Thanks! :smile:
P.S. Does anyone know which characters had speaking roles? I assume :smile::embarrassed::concern::mad::halo: and Robin have line since the audio was recorded by Jim, Frank and Jerry.

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Wait! Not :concern:! Why'd I put him? :cool:- Forgive me Dave Goelz, wherever you are!

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
OMG... that is the coolest thing I have ever seen! I grew up in the 80's and I have NEVER seen this before! I would love to see a video or more pics of it too! :smile:

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Gonzo was there. He's shown with a camera in one of the photos on Muppet Wiki.
Yeah, but Dave Goelz wasn't listed recording the audio track.

In fact, :concern: appears as the cameraman in every scene, I believe. He's shown in the schoolbus and ice cream shop scenes. At least they gave him a purpose for a silent character...

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Yeah, but Dave Goelz wasn't listed recording the audio track.

In fact, :concern: appears as the cameraman in every scene, I believe. He's shown in the schoolbus and ice cream shop scenes. At least they gave him a purpose for a silent character...
Oh yeah, you're right. Sorry, I missed the post you made before. My bad.