"The Muppets" Official US Poster and Standee

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Wow is it me or does Thog just look like the perfect stuffed doll. I would just want to sit, and hold my Thog doll. I sure do hope he has a big role in this here movie!
It may actually be possible for a Thog plush, but we will just find out soon enough if he does indeed have a big role, I mean who would've even thought of him being in the poster and standee? :cluck::zany:

Frogster

Reaction score
It looks good and all, I just think the characters they use for the posters and standees just look robotic and one-dimensional. Piggy probably looks the worst, she doesn't even look like herself. The poster and standee still look good (some characters look great in it), but personally I like the older posters where it looks like an artist drew up the characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, I must say I rarely see a good kid's movie poster out there. The last one I found beautiful was Princess and the Frog. It's always the same clip art/ stock photos/ bad photo shoots. I still find these good in a sea of mediocrity. But NOTHING comes close to those great TMM, GMC, MTI, and MCC posters.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Oh my... I L:flirt:VE this!!! I love this so much! I see so many rare Muppets (I think I even spot Quongo), so many Muppet goodies, I just think these are the best posters so far! :smile::eek::big_grin::excited:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I would honestly love to do a poster for this movie FOR FREE, just to show the marketing people at Disney what a decent Muppet poster could look like. I have had so many enquiries from people asking if they can buy prints of my illustration, if I'd charged £10 a pop, I would be a very happy man and that was just a fan piece! If I did a commercial piece for this movie, I would create something so much better than my previous illustration! Seriously Disney, a FREE poster - take me up on my offer!

All the promotional images so far, really look half hearted at best and it's such a massive shame. This is supposed to be the Muppet HUGE comeback yet the quality of the marketing material is shocking...but I agree that this does not necessarily mean bad things for the movie.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This is the problem with the new fans. They don't realize what a lot of us fans have been through over the past 11 to 12 years with the Muppets. It has been such a rocky road, and now that it seems that Disney is going in the right direction, they point the finger at every little mistake (Like photshoped Muppets) and forget the big picture...They are makeing a Movie FOR US!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I would honestly love to do a poster for this movie FOR FREE, just to show the marketing people at Disney what a decent Muppet poster could look like.
sorry to pick on you but ive seen you basically say this every time a poster comes up, so my challenge to you is Do it, "Put up or shut up" as they say, you say you can do better than show us all how YOU would make a poster for the new movie and put us in our place

Nick22

Reaction score
Great poster (even though it still looks photoshopped). And the standee is simply epic. Check out the details like the various Muppet photos around the room, the Muppet cupcakes (including a Snowth one), Muppet magazines, Scooter trying to control Animal (who looks like he's after Amy Adams), and Crazy Harry eyeing Floyd's ELECTRIC guitar. And I'm glad to see that Pepe and Rizzo will evidentally have something to do in the movie (unless adding them into these posters was just done to draw more attention from casual fans, which I doubt). Even the 80s robot and Miss Poogy got to be in the poster.

Also, is it just me or is Rizzo in the standee twice? That's clearly him talking to the Swedish Chef on the steps, but I can also spot a rat up on the outside balcony that looks like Rizzo (in a suit and tie).

I seriously love this. More than the other one. This one is fantastic and I like it a lot. I am SSOO SO SO SO SO SO excited for this movie!!! :big_grin: :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
I would honestly love to do a poster for this movie FOR FREE, just to show the marketing people at Disney what a decent Muppet poster could look like. I have had so many enquiries from people asking if they can buy prints of my illustration, if I'd charged £10 a pop, I would be a very happy man and that was just a fan piece! If I did a commercial piece for this movie, I would create something so much better than my previous illustration! Seriously Disney, a FREE poster - take me up on my offer!

All the promotional images so far, really look half hearted at best and it's such a massive shame. This is supposed to be the Muppet HUGE comeback yet the quality of the marketing material is shocking...but I agree that this does not necessarily mean bad things for the movie.
I agree, it's disheartening. Imagine if HP or LOTR had bottom of the barrel poster art.
Fans wouldnt stand for it. I do like the new poster more than the others. But as a longtime photoshop designer like Frogboy, it's hard to overlook the cheap job.

I wish true talent like you could be hired. I guess Hollywood just doesnt work like that.
Thats why I advocate using youtube, etsy, twitter, and any viral marketing to aggressively get your art/music/film/media/whatever out there to as wide as audience as possible without a company or contract. I'm working on an animated series I plan on putting on youtube, as I see that as the best way to go.

Now while I criticize the poster art, and the first full length trailer, Im trying to be optimistic. I am genuinely worried about the film...it looks a bit sappy and tv special quality for my tastes and nothing like the original films(if thats the intention) But I have to remain optimistic...the fact Disney is making this their main movie now is a dream come true. As the Xfiles theme went, "I want to believe"

beaker

Reaction score
People who claim the Muppets have lost their edge or havent been good/entertaining in the modern period have probably not seen the Muppets.com or youtube videos. I can't see how even a casual/non fan wouldnt be thrilled by those.

The Muppets were created to be around forever. It wasn't one guy doing everything, like Charles Schultz. The Muppets began in 1955, and will hopefully be around in 2055. It encompasses endless worlds...from The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock and Bear in the Big Blue House to The Hoobs, Mopatop, Dinosaurs, Animal Jam, etc.
I don't see the Muppets as some nostalgic trip from the 70's, always disliked that angle. Heck my favorite Muppet period is the late 80's(86-90)

I know there's Disneyana fans that do not like anything post Walt Disney's passing, and that's fine. And I admit it's been quite a rough patch...at times, a train wreck hard to watch(Oz, a lot of MFS, the EMTV thing, the 5 years Disney didnt do anything for the Muppets, etc) I've been on this site since the late 90's hoping for this day to come that Disney is giving us...but I also am realistic that the movie and reception might fall way short/be disappointing. But I'm excited, it's quite extrordinary actually