2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

Drtooth

Reaction score
I understand why they didnt do much merch for Up, given Wall E stuff didnt sell well. Then again, robots arent very cuddly.

Wall*E Stuff near me was impossible to find outside of the Disney store, but then again, Target was the only place that didn't carry them. The stuff sold, but not extremely solid, unless they just ordered WAAAAAY too much Wall*e stuff. I only really got the Pez dispensers for that one.

But Ratatouille was far worse. They cleared out the ENTIRE line of Rat toys before it even came to video. I mean, the robots are one thing... kids like robots almost as much as they like toy cars... but gourmet rats? That's only something hardcore collectors of the movie would buy. I had to make due with 2 candy figures and a plush of the dead chef.

According to this, Disney might hold off on all Comic-Con promotions until their own D23 convention.​

I'm disappointed and think it's a bit of a misstep because D23 gets only Disney fans while SDCC get all fans. I hope they at least have something, but it could be another full month before the beginning of Muppet Domination. :grr:
That is very much a huge mistake. ESPECIALLY since it was announced by Jason himself that they were. Or at least expressing interest in doing such.

But it also seems they're holding out on a more comic geek friendly Avengers movie unveiling, so I don't know what to say about that. I was excepting something like that, though... we got word Karen and Red would return weeks ago, and you'd think we'd hear word on exactly who's coming from the Muppets by now. I'd hope that Jason would make a last minute plea, but time's running out. They NEED to unveil this thing soon. And it's not like anyone doesn't know about it already.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
According to Rotten Tomatoes, "The Muppets" finally has an approximate running time of 2 hours. Seems a little long for a Muppet movie, but I won't complain! That's all tentative, of course. It still lists Charles Grodin as an actor appearing in the picture. For some reason I think they did find a way of sticking him in the movie. Let's hope.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
If it really is two hours, that's a good thing, mainly so that the story can take its time to develop and won't feel rushed. Heck, with the plot line, if it was just 90 minutes, it'd probably be all over the place.

Drtooth

Reaction score
According to Rotten Tomatoes, "The Muppets" finally has an approximate running time of 2 hours. Seems a little long for a Muppet movie, but I won't complain! That's all tentative, of course. It still lists Charles Grodin as an actor appearing in the picture. For some reason I think they did find a way of sticking him in the movie. Let's hope.
I dunno if I really trust that. 2 hours seems a might long (not that I'm one to complain about that), but it might just scare off some families who want to take their kids to it. I mean, even Jason's bromantic comedies are 90.

Then again, Pooh's running time was just over an hour WITH cartoon special feature at the beginning, and it felt like it had a 45 minute run time.

outerelf

Reaction score
Well, don't forget about credits. With how many cameos their cramming in, the list along could take several minutes. Kermit and the rest will probably show up as themselves in the opening credits, and it won't be until the end will we get the puppeteers names.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Well, don't forget about credits. With how many cameos their cramming in, the list along could take several minutes. Kermit and the rest will probably show up as themselves in the opening credits, and it won't be until the end will we get the puppeteers names.
most of the time not always credits arnt included into running time just like trailers

Drtooth

Reaction score
most of the time not always credits arnt included into running time just like trailers

Actually, I've seen numerous cases where credits do indeed count as running time, but then again, that's mostly in the case of home video.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Actually, I've seen numerous cases where credits do indeed count as running time, but then again, that's mostly in the case of home video.
Correct. From first title card to the end of the closing credits is what 99% of the time counts as running time. 2 hours seems too even a running length, but maybe there was an instruction from Disney to cut for time and not exceed two hours. I still think it's tentative, but I hope this is all because they got so much wonderful footage that Disney had to give them a cap.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm still very conflicted about a 2 hour Muppet movie.

On the one hand, a Muppet Movie that's 2 hours? Fans will love it. But a Family movie that's 2 hours that isn't a sweeping epic about Boy Wizards? That may just scare some away. If we want to see this film do well (leading to more Muppet projects and HOPEFULLY back release), we have to figure in that the general populous and more casual people wanting to see it too.

Needless to say, there's also the Toy Story toon as well, and that may just also count as run time. But that can't possibly be over 6 minutes long.