"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

Slackbot

Reaction score
I agree, there's very little chance of this happening, but I'd also love it if they dropped a reference to Avenue Q. Even if they just mention the bad guys indulging in a little schadenfreude.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
As much as I'd like an Avenue Q reference, it's more of a Sesame parody and that wouldn't make sense in a Muppet movie. Plus, referencing them would have to involve addressing the fact that they're puppets and they're trying to make it seem like the Muppets are real beings.

outerelf

Reaction score
So, just out of idle curiosity, what do you all think will be the percentage of kids in the audience, and what percentage will be adults?

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I think that there will probably be more adults than kids, but that a lot of the adults will bring their children-it's nice when parents and kids can relate to one another and like the same thing and I think that the Muppets will provide a great opportunity for that!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Something tells me the yappy little ankle biters would jump on a bunch of lame CGI penguins singing very sexual songs out of context, but if the parents know what's good for them, they'll drag the to see their childhood favorites. This is definitely a movie for parents that grew up with the Muppets that want to share them with their kids. And there aren't a lot of opportunities for that, because most of the time, they screw it up so bad the fanbase refuses to watch it (can't blame them) and their kids don't even know or care who the characters are... It would be redundant to list any examples.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i think we will see alot of kids at this movie, its going to be the thanksgiving weekend and i know alot of parents are going to be looking for things to get the kids out of the house.

i doubt we will see teenagers there, as much as i see teens wearing muppet clothes i bet 50% of them probably have know idea what or who they are wearing

Slackbot

Reaction score
I think it all depends on the time you go to see the movie. Matinees will probably be really kid-heavy. Evening shows will have more teens and adults. I'd expect any audience to have a mix, though.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
it seems like people are not wanting kids there...but dont be surprised when you enter the theater and its full of children

chuckecheese123

Reaction score
Okay, I think I fainted right around when Jason Segal said "It's time to light the lights."
I am officially in love. Oh, and Walter talked! Oh, and Robin! And Rizzo! And Pepe! And a random robot!

Some awesome things I noticed, just to organize all my thoughts.
0:10- ELECTRIC MAYHEM BUS!!!
0:12- Is that Walter's voice? I think it is!!!!!
0:18- Holy Crud.
0:20- Where I peed my pants.
0:25- Wow, haven't seen this room before!
0:30- Wanda IS with Wayne! First time we've seen her!
0:38- Lol.
0:45- Is this breaking the 4th wall? I think IT IS!!!
0:47- Are these The Moppets?
0:53- What's with the big brawl?
0:56- Bobo fencing Chris Cooper? Again, LOVE IT!!!!
0:59- This must be Kermit's house
1:00- Walter again!!!!!
1:03- Lol!
1:07- Wait, does that fence say "K&P"? Is it possible that Miss Piggy used to live with Kermit?
1:13- Only thing in this trailer that I don't love.
1:24- I don't know what's more awesome, Kermit's speech, Rizzo, Pepe, Robin, or the random robot.
1:28- Rowlf at the PIANO!!!!!!!
1:29- LIPS!!
1:32- This must be the Vegas showgirl number Chris Cooper was talking about.
1:36- MAHNA MAHNA!!!!!!! And the random robot again!!!!!!!! And he's driving!!!!!
1:48- Yes Floyd, yes I do. Wait, what do you mean, that was a rhetorical question?
1:49- CHICKENS!!!!
1:50- Ah, Gonzo, how I've missed your wacky tricks!
1:53- I think this must be during the aforementioned Vegas showgirl scene. It looks like it takes place in a Hard Rock Cafe.
1:54- I just peed my pants again.
1:56- Smalltown, USA?
1:59- Peed my pants again.
2:08- SCOOTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Now off I must go, to watch it again!
at 0:12 it's fozzie's voice

chuckecheese123

Reaction score
I hope rowlf and scooter will have big roles in this, after Jim Henson died they've been excluding them, rowlf used to be more famous then Kermit! they were 2 of the main muppets when Jim Henson was alive, along with kermit, miss piggy, fozzie, gonzo, and camilla. I am really thankful that Disney is bringing back the classic muppet cast from the original muppet show, but they should give rowlf and scooter big roles like the muppets glory days with Jim Henson :smile: