"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey! If this was made for the explosion crazy Transformers movie, I think I understand the electric fence scene... though, you'd think that there's a lot of Crazy Harry footage they could have used... :halo:

Still... The question is, why did they use the Green with Envy trailer before the 2-D Cars 2 showings instead of the new one? Money was certainly one reason I had to see it in that format, but I also wanted to check out if the trailer was shown or not for ll of you who wouldn't have seen it. Again, I find Green with Envy a stronger trailer with less confusing bits of plot in it, but the revealed it just before Cars was to premiere.

Maybe it was an oversight or something.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Still... The question is, why did they use the Green with Envy trailer before the 2-D Cars 2 showings instead of the new one? Money was certainly one reason I had to see it in that format, but I also wanted to check out if the trailer was shown or not for ll of you who wouldn't have seen it. Again, I find Green with Envy a stronger trailer with less confusing bits of plot in it, but the revealed it just before Cars was to premiere.

Maybe it was an oversight or something.
I saw Cars 2 in 2D the other day and it included the full length trailer, not Green With Envy. It got a great response from kids and adults alike... so not all theaters are showing Green with Envy. It's a theater thing, not a Disney thing I think.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Prawnie, get yourself online. If there's time to lean, there's time to clean...wait...no, not that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw Cars 2 in 2D the other day and it included the full length trailer, not Green With Envy. It got a great response from kids and adults alike... so not all theaters are showing Green with Envy. It's a theater thing, not a Disney thing I think.
Must be theaters. Or just the reel they got. I dunno. Still, it was great to see that trailer after wanting to gouge my eyes out from CGI penguin ugliness. The room wasn't exactly packed, but Kermit's appearance seemed to get some sort of reaction from the crowd. Much better than the other two movie trailers (Puss in Boots/ Happy Feet 2).

outerelf

Reaction score
I am not the worlds greatest movie goer (One movie a year if I can pep-talk myself enough) but as far as I can tell, this movie looks like it'll be at the very least a solid watch. There may be disappointments here and there, but overall, it's shaping up to be a good movie.

Miss Piggy finally karate-chopping someone again, the rainbow connection song, the muppet theme song, a Kermit pep-talk, the Swedish Chef, Rowlf on the Piano, Scooter finally appearing after years of ignored... It really looks like this will be fun :big_grin:

Dearth

Reaction score
Help!

Guys, I did not imagine this, did I?

Wasn't there a clip in one of the four trailers (Green with Envy, Fuzzy Pack, Being Green/Green Lantern parody, and the 'official' one that's running in front of Cars 2) where you saw several chickens dusting the seats of the Muppet Theatre like living feather dusters?
I even grabbed a still of that shot at one point!

Now, I can't find the shot in any of the clips. I just watched all four trailers again trying to locate it, and I'm coming up completely dry, and it's driving me crazy.

If you can confirm it in a specific clip, please provide a link to the one you're watching, and maybe a time code of when it occurs.

Alex

terrimonster

Reaction score
It's in the version that was posted to start this thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdvcCHNEK78

I'm guessing that was an unofficial version, which seems likely given the fact that it came out before the one on MuppetsStudio. (It's replaced by "This Thanksgiving" in the official release.)

Dearth

Reaction score
Thanks, Terri! That was making me bonkers!

Alex