"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

Oscarfan

Reaction score
One more thing: what's the weird goat thing behind the Chef at 1:26?

Little confused why Scooter is miming We Built This City, but I kinda love it.
I think they're doing that while they repair the theater.

terrimonster

Reaction score
Little confused why Scooter is miming We Built This City, but I kinda love it.
I'm hopeful that the song, or at least that non-Muppet version of it, isn't what they're actually singing there.

Anyone get the feeling "Just One Person" might be in this movie? (Or do we already know that and I'm a little slow?)

I was hoping for a better trailer, but repeated viewings actually make me like it more. I think it just wasn't what I was expecting. I liked Bobo's fencing scene - classic Bobo if there is such a thing. I'm super excited about all of the old characters that are coming back.

I wonder if the empty arches are characters who were digitally removed in order to keep something a surprise...

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'm really really excited to go see this movie! It's going to be the event of the year, for sure!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't particularly mind the fart shoes. This is a bear who consistently came up with the dumbest possible jokes ... how is this out of character?
It's out of character in that it's the sort of low class humor that passes for a joke on Nickelodeon these days...

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
It's out of character in that it's the sort of low class humor that passes for a joke on Nickelodeon these days...
I agree. I cringed when he said that joke, I really don't find that funny.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
*dies from epic win-ness* I'm a hard core fan dying here! This is amazing! O= This movie prooves the Muppets will live on for future generations, and forever timeless. <33

Hee! XP Even Wanda is in it. Lovely redesigns here. This will be great!

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I have to agree that the trailer isn't as spectacular as it needs be, but it isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be.

Now, in context the fart shoes, I'll meet you half way. To me, Fozzie ALWAYS was associated with Whoopie cushions. Now, it seems to be a case of cuting the movie up for the trailer to make a joke that wasn't present in the movie (Kermit and Fozzie are in completely different rooms, maybe scenes).

The "We Built this City" and the random robot BOTH seem to be from Jason's stock 1980's movie references... and I guess the whole bit about the clean up montage is a reference to something (they used the same song in a clean up montage on The Cleveland show, and let's face it Seth's shows are ALL about 1980's references). Robot? how many awkward robots have there been in 80's movies? I watched Rocky 4 halfway through, and when I saw the robot Rocky bought for Paulie, which took me completely out of the moment, I kinda gave up watching the rest. it seems that these are supposed to be satirical and therefore not to be taken seriously, BUT in the context of a trailer the satire is just too hard to establish. Are they sincere about a musical montage, or are they doing the equivalent of a Family Guy cut scene ironically? Hard to tell not in the context of a movie.

I still think the movie has potential, and it isn't half as bad as the other trailers for films I've seen that I avoided, only to see them later and denounce the trailer for exaggerating stuff that wasn't even in the movie.

I really hope a second, better done one gets made to be released in theaters.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I love the image of chickens "feather" dusting the seats! I also kinda hope that amongst all the puppets they put in this movie, they thrown in the Frankfurterstien one. No one will know who he is, but he's a really great looking puppet.