Unofficial Script Review of the New Muppet Movie

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Here is a Muppet News Flash!

I have just been on the Internet Movie Database and their article about the new Muppet movie states that it has pushed it back to 2012!

*Gets pelted with popcorn and empty candy boxes*
Link...? It would be nice if you could back up your claim. :smirk:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I also think that even if the movie was dealyed that there are going to be more Muppety things out there.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Here is a Muppet News Flash!

I have just been on the Internet Movie Database and their article about the new Muppet movie states that it has pushed it back to 2012!

*Gets pelted with popcorn and empty candy boxes*
What? That's just great. Looks like Jason Segel is being lazy.:mad:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
What? That's just great. Looks like Jason Segel is being lazy.:mad:
How are you going to spin this into becoming Jason Segel's fault? From what we've heard, his scrpit was finalized and sent to the Disney higher-ups. What more can he do about it from there? It's not Segel's fault at ALL. He's the one trying to bring the Muppets back, so don't say he's being "lazy."

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
... the same IMDB that once said that Captain Smollet was the star of A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie?

Grain of salt, man....
I know it can be unreliable (The parents guide for 'Follow That Bird' was once vandalized and made it out to be a sex-filled gore-fest) but, they are pretty accurate when it comes to release dates.

Nick22

Reaction score
so it's not coming until 2012? *sigh*

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
so it's not coming until 2012? *sigh*
IMDB is not a reliable source. The fact is that nobody knows anything. It's not likely to come out for a while, but it could shoot later this year or sometime next year and come out in 2010, 2011, 2012 or even beyond. Only the folks at Disney have a clue. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Sometimes I think audiences were better off barely knowing the details that go into developing a film. Don't get me wrong, sometimes audience support or protest is needed while a picture is being made. Still, it wasn't so long ago that leaks and rumors were hard to come by and in many ways, that was a good thing. :wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Disney is going to be very careful the movie they put out with the Muppets. There are rumors going around that there are two scripts out there. One by Jim Lewis (who is being very secretive about it) and Jason Seagal's movie. I would love for them to do both, but know the chances of that are really slim to none. Both writers have a wonderful sence of humor, but they also have a very different type of humor. If there are two scripts out there Disney is going to have to look at both of them carefully and see which is the right one for them to make.

Here is all I can get on imdb. it looks to me like for the true details or secrets you'll need a pass or something. Just another trick to get ya to spend money, and when ya get it wont tell you anything. Here is the link if anyone has more access to this then please let us know.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1204342/