Boardinghouse or apartment building?

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
...Isn't the boarding house just a re-furbished set of the Happyness hotel?:confused:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I always thought that the Happiness Hotel scenes were filmed in England? Maybe I am wrong and they were a set back in America. Obviously many portions of GMC were filmed over here...

It just had a very Britishy feel to the look of that set.

In which case, I doubt they'd take them back to America.

That said, I can see some resemblance between the two sets...if I tilt my head and squint a bit.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
If they do most of their work in America (I'm assuming), I think it would probably be crazy to try to live at the Happiness Hotel (as wacky as it might be ;D) all the way over in England.

Personally, while a boarding house is cute, with the apartments they have more personal space - they wouldn't have to eat at the same table or share a bathroom or something - which is awesome, but it would be interesting to see them create their own personal spaces better. You can't help but wonder how Gonzo would decorate his kitchen, or what color wallpaper Piggy would use in her bathroom.

... I can't believe I'm debating like this XD

StreetScenes

Reaction score
hmm...i was gonna say boarding house, but i'll have to go with a verison of the seasonal theory, one based on their work schedule. i think of them as forming a repertory company kinda parallel to the one made up of their muppeteers--there are some close pairs/groups who see each other in their spare time or get together for parties, but they all live in different places and have different lives (i can imagine gonzo hanging with the type of wierdos that fluster kermit on set and that he would probably try to avoid in his social life).

that said, they spend most of their time at work anyway, in the theater and the tour bus. and whenever they're doing a project/adventure, they click as a group both on stage and in the wings, so it probably feels natural when they're forced to share bathrooms or trip over each other in dressing rooms--they end up functioning like a family, both aggravating each other and caring for each other. so i would say the apartments are the least likely--who lives next door to all their friends or colleagues? and the boarding house is akin to the theater, hotel, lockers, etc, as their chill space in the studio for the little down time they get while they're working so hard to be zany and weird.

MWoO

Reaction score
Well it is unusual for everyone in an apartment building to be friends, let alone work together. However, you could say that Kermit owns the building and either rents out to all the muppets or offers them the apartments for free so he can make sure they actually get to work. As for why one apartment is rented by a single human mom and her kid....well...maybe they lived there before Kermit bought the building and they were the only ones who couldn't afford to move, or they just didn't want to.

of course this kind of spits in the face of the idea that the muppet have no money which I always liked. They didn't own the theater after all and they were always looking for the cheapest places to go in their movies which is something i always liked about the muppets. They are poor folk like me.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Maybe Scooter's uncle owns the apartment building...

MWoO

Reaction score
Maybe Scooter's uncle owns the apartment building...
He's dead you know, that is if you count deleted scenes from AVMMC in muppet canon, what little of it there is.