The RHLC!

Skye

Reaction score
No, you guys are absolutely right. Sometimes, it's like some of the best things in life can just disappear or can be taken away in the blink of an eye, and we don't understand why. I do think you're right, heralde... that they disappear so we can really learn to appreciate them even more. And if it's something that can come back into our lives, we just hope that it does. And if it's something that can't come back into our lives, we try to just enjoy the fact that we could have the opportunity while it lasted. Anyway, those are my random thoughts... anyone else have thoughts on that?

And slightly off topic..... yay for 200 pages!!!!!! Hehe. :excited:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Congratulations on your 200th page. Richard would be very impressed. :big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Hehe, yeah... sometimes I like to wonder what Richard would think about this thread!

Oh, and I know this happened a couple days (or maybe a week...) ago, but I thought it would be cool to post in here, too.... yay for me and my 1,000 posts!!!!!!!! :excited: :big_grin:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Skye said:
Hehe, yeah... sometimes I like to wonder what Richard would think about this thread!

"You are all weirdoes!" No, wait, that would be Frank, in the guise of Sam the Eagle. :attitude:

Richard would probably just have a good solid laugh over this thread. :wink:

While I was in the music store last night, I unearthed a copy of The Best of the Muppet Show - the one with the Harry Belafonte, Linda Ronstadt and John Denver episodes on it. It should help keep me tided over a bit until season 2 finally comes out.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Congrats on 1000 posts, Skye! And yay on us for making 200 pages! I wonder what sets us apart from all the other fan threads in the world hehe...

That's a good DVD to have, MN. I love Linda Ronstadt's episode, especially when she sings "Your love with live in my heart" to Kermit at the end.

And if it's something that can't come back into our lives, we try to just enjoy the fact that we could have the opportunity while it lasted.
That's very true, Skye. It also definitely applies to the heyday of The Muppets. It reminds me of the end of the musical Camelot. Arthur mourns the end of Camelot's golden days, until he finds a boy eager to learn about them. You really have to hear the music to get the full effect, but Arthur tells the boy:

"Each evening from December to December, before you drift to sleep upon your cot, think back on all the tales that you remember of Camelot. Ask every person if he's heard the story. And tell it strong and clear if he has not. That once there was a fleeting wisp of glory, called Camelot....where once it never rained till after sundown. By 8am the morning fog had flown. Don't let it be forgot, that once there was a spot...for one brief shining moment...that was known as Camelot."

Skye

Reaction score
Muppet Newsgirl said:
Richard would probably just have a good solid laugh over this thread.
Haha, absolutely. I have no doubt about that either! :big_grin:

And Erin, that DVD rully is a great one to have. I love that one. All three episodes are pretty great. I like Harry Belafonte. I adore John Denver. And I rully love the "It's In His Kiss" song that Linda Rondstadt sings with Janice... I love singing along to that one, too! Anyway, let us know what you think, Erin! :smile:
heralde said:
Congrats on 1000 posts, Skye!
Thanks, heralde! Hehe, maybe this club is just weirder than those other fan threads in the world! :wink:

That part from Camelot sounds rully gorgeous. Truly sounds wonderful... and when something must be gone, the memories live on forever.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Muppet Newsgirl said:
"You are all weirdoes!" No, wait, that would be Frank, in the guise of Sam the Eagle. :attitude:
I love that quote, especially how Sam leaves the room immediately afterwards. lol

Richard would probably just have a good solid laugh over this thread. :wink:
I agree, he seemed very fond of those :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Sat down and watched the Best Of disc a few times. Liked the Harry Belafonte and Linda Ronstadt episodes; thought the John Denver episode was so-so. Favorite sketches were Day-O, Turn the World Around, Blue Bayou, The Cat Came Back and the scenes in which Linda and Scooter are trying to find Kermit (and Miss Piggy is doing her level best to keep them from finding Kermit). And I thought the Pigs in Space dissolve ray sketch (Muppets ending up in each others' bodies) was quite clever.

On a somber note...well, I guess we know what tomorrow is.