Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

unclematt

Reaction score
I think she would be more of an Uncle Matt charater but instead of going into "outer space" she would make discoveries about the guest hosts.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like I said, I'd see her as someone on Muppets Tonight who has Scooters job... just without the passion and willingness. Sort of like saying the job's a job and I'll leave as soon as I get enough money I'll scram. And as such she doesn't want to get emotionally attached to anyone... and she's also constantly screwing things up and on the cusp of being fired on a daily basis. I could see her being a headache to Clifford and the only one who could get him to lose his cool.

But I really think the comic book version absolutely gets her the right character, keeping just enough of her MB personality. I'm real glad they kept her for another issue. She plays a pretty pivotal role in the Second Family Reunion issue.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I really hope they keep her. I missed her introduction but I liked her in the second issue.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
If Skeeter was ever a real muppet I would like for them to keep some of her Muppet Babies persona in being a bit more alethlic, like a replacement daredevil in case :concern:couldn't do it.

I mean that's how I always view her as a bit more of a girl daredevil who truly does get on Piggy's nerves. :mad:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I'd love to see Skeeter make a cameo appearance as a live Muppet in the new Muppets movie- but I have a feeling that would probably never happen. But you never know...:wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I honestly don't think Skeeter will be Harley Quinned into the greater Muppet canon. I can see why... it would seem like fan service and she could seem pasted in.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, whenever they introduce new characters, they seem kinda pasted in to fill out the roster. After all, whatnots and anythings and unisaurs are there PRECISELY to fill out the screen, nothing more.

Let's not forget that Kermit didn't have a nephew until magically he did. There has to be a way to get Skeeter in there, either as a quiet "Oh, hey, you're here" kind of thing or "OMG EPIC WIN" kind of thing.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
An episode of Robot Chicken explained why Skeeter isn't a Muppet, :smile:.

fozziecub10

Reaction score
Maybe those years they were trying to get Scooter a voice again, he was searching for Skeeter, it would tie up his storyline.

I had an idea a few years ago for a film about how some of the Muppet characters have vanish and never be spoken of again, that involved goverment abduction/alien abduction that would lead them to think they find Gonzos origins of being an alien.

Then Scooter turned up :wink: as did Muppets from Space :concern: but then there are lots of other Muppets that have vanished over the years that could still be a plot to a film that would include the re-introduction of Skeeter and Scooter as new lead Muppets.