Zoom

mikebennidict

Reaction score
anyone here remember the original 70s series? there are a lot of yahoo groups wich are about the current series but none about the original.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
ZOOM

Some info. for you Mike,on the original series.I watched it as a kid,and had the record album too.Glad to see someone else at MC remembers.I still watch the current Zoom.:big_grin:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i watched it myself though i might of been young for the target age and don't rememebr everything about it. 1 skit i'd thought i'd mention and i'll probably mention more was their performance of the cat came back witch was also done on the muppet show. this Zoom version sounded more jazzy than folk and an actual cat appeared at the end of the skit.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
1 of the zoomers Edith Mooers who was on the original series has a birthday today. she turns 41.

Beth C

Reaction score
I vaguely remember this show. I know I watched it just like I watched the Sesame Street and Electric company at the time.

I don't remember much about it except -

Roll out the barrel, let's find out what's inside today!

I think that meant it was mailtime or something. I was a bit young when it was on, but it was a kids show - so I watched it.

~Beth C

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Michael Row The Boat Ashore.

anyone remember when they did this song? it was somewhat different compared to other songs they did. from what i remember,unlike most song performances witch were done on the set, this was done outdoors on either a lake or river. can't rememebr much else about it. i'm sure many have heard the song. it's a spiritual song and i think was written by Pete Seger but was made a hit in 1961 or 1962 by a group called The Highwaymen. what's also interesting is even the the current series doesn't really has the zoomers performing song but if they were still doing it, Michael Row The Boat Ashore wouldn't even be considered for obvious reasons.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is the Ubbi Dubbi language a total ripoff of Mushmouth from Fat Albert? :halo: