Zing Into Spring

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For my tenth birthday (in 1994), one of the presents that I got was a Kermit plush that was an exclusive at target. This doll was wearing a spring outfit which included a blue hat and blue overralls, and a polka-dotted shirt. I think this was nominated for one of the ugly toy contests at Tough Pigs.

Anyway, it came with a sample audio cassette tape called Put Some Zing In Your Spring. The cover was an illustration of Kermit and Miss Piggy, and included four songs. One of them was an original song, Put Some Zing In Your Spring, sung by kermit and miss piggy. The album also had The Rhyming Song, the Fraggle Rock theme (the televised version, not the re-recorded version heared on the Fraggle Rock: Music & Magic album, also heard on the Fraggle Songs video), and The Rainbow Connection (all songs were in the order I listed).

There was also a target exclusive Miss Piggy plush that also came with an audio cassete with the same title and cover. The back cover for both had pictures of other Jim Henson Records releases (I can't remember what albums were advertised, and am too lazy to look for my copy to see for myself). The track lsiting was on the actual cassetes but not on the back covers. I never had the Miss Piggy plush, so I am wonderig if both had the exact same audio cassetes (with exact same track listings) or not.

p.s. on the cover, Kermit and Piggy were both wearing the same outfit as the toys were.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the Miss Piggy plush came with the same cassette as Kermit. You can hear "Zing Into Spring" around March/April on Muppet Central Radio.

Camellia

Reaction score
Those two dolls were so cute! And it was great that they came in at a time when there were SO FEW muppet collectibles around. Boy, the surprise on my face when I saw the muppets on a poster at Target. Great memories!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So, your saying that they both came with the exact same cassete, with the exact same contents? I wonder why. If somebody had bought both of them, I'm sure that they might have felt ripped off over having two copies of the same cassette tape. Perhaps it would have been better to change some of the content. Keep the "Put Some Zing In Your Spring" song, but perhaps on one of the tapes include The Muppet Show theme instead of the Fraggle Rock theme, The First Time It Happens (or Being Green) instead of The rainbow Connection, and a Fraggle Rock song (maybe Follow Me) instead of The Rhyming Song. Just a thought.

jediX

Reaction score
Well, unlike those Muppet Babies plushes with the DVDs that came out last year, the main selling point to collectors wasn't the cassette since it was just a sampler anyway.