• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • "Muppets Now" premieres on Disney+
    The Muppets fifth series of all time debuted on Disney+. Make plans to watch one of the most anticipated shows of the year. New episodes premiere every Friday through September 4.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • 50 Years and Still Sunny!
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the all-new Sesame Street documentary "50 Years and Still Sunny!" hosted by Gloria Estefan.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn, Apple, Amazon and Google. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Your Thoughts: When Families Grieve Sesame Special

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This Wednesday night, PBS will be airing a very special Sesame Street program “When Families Grieve” to help children and families who have recently lost a loved one. The prime time special premieres at 8 pm eastern, 7 pm central on PBS.

You can find out all about the special here…
http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2010/040810.shtml

After your watch the show, please share your thoughts.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I watched it all the way through, it def had its tear jerking moments and overall i give it a thumbs up for what they did

However i feel IMO that the parts with Elmo and his family did not fit at all, i felt them almost mocking to at least 3 of the families in this special. they were well put together but the transition between the real world families and Elmo's family didn't work for me.

i feel they almost should've been their own separate part of the special

the parts with Katie Couric and Elmo & Jessie i liked they seemed proper

over all thumbs up for the Special i enjoyed it in a way and i admire what they did, and my heart goes out to those families

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I thought the special was pretty good. I liked how they had some parts with Elmo's family interviewed just like the real-life families. They should have done that in the previous two specials.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i like the elmo segment alot better separated i think it works much much better this way

HootsytheOwl

Reaction score
Talking About Grief

Hi there.

What a good special that was! I liked the way most of it was done, except for the way that Katie Couric's demeanor and decor during the Elmo/Jessie interviews seemed like a psychologist. (Yecch!) I hope this special helps people who are going through grief at any stage of their life. I really felt bad for the children and their parents in the special. At some parts it was hard to watch, because it was so very sad. If I were to give this a rating I think I'd give it a 9.

Your dear friend,
Kitt.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm going to watch this and comment on it latter.