The Muppets Episode 16 - Because...Love

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Because...Love"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It was Old Tom,the one with the beard.
Okay. I guess I need to see MTI again so I can keep track of these things. Lol.

If the Muppets do get a 2nd season I really want to see Johnny fiama and sal, dr phil van neuter and seymour
Yeah. I don't think Brian Henson has been too active with the Muppets lately which is why we haven't seen much of his characters. But it would be nice if they could return even if recasting them is a necessity.

ploobis

Reaction score
Here is the thing. I don't care about the format who writes or even directs the show. The Muppets are on TV. Witch as a fan makes me very happy. It also means that as a fan I want to see the Muppets do well in whatever they do. So every week I have watched the new show most of them two or three times a week.
I was listening to "Let's Talk Muppets" the other day and Steve Swanson was comparing this first season to season one of the Muppet Show. He brought up a lot of great points about the growing pains that shows go through. The last three shows where pure awesome and I think that if some of the nay saying fans would start with the last three shows and go backwards you will love this show.
RIGHT ON!!!

I never cared about what and how they would do things, I just love seeing the Muppet on TV, Movies and the Internet PERIOD!!!

To me, no matter what and how they do thing they will Always still be The Muppets!

Muppy

Reaction score
If we get a 2nd Season, I hope they'll have Howard Tubman as a recurring character. He's great!
Me too! I hope he makes random appearances trying to book his clients (which are just old Muppet groups) on Up Late! Maybe we could get the the Gogolala Jubilee Jugband ... or is that too far fetched :wink:

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Me too! I hope he makes random appearances trying to book his clients (which are just old Muppet groups) on Up Late! Maybe we could get the the Gogolala Jubilee Jugband ... or is that too far fetched :wink:
Anything's possible. There's a good chance more forgotten characters may appear and there's even a good chance some of the Muppets that were in Muppets Most Wanted, like the Hobos, Calico, Walleye Pike, One-Eyed Jack, Miss Poogy, Blind Pew, Black Dog, and Annie Sue may appear eventually though that likely won't happen until the second season.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
OMG, this was my favorite episode of all time! I loved the appearances by Mnah-Mnah, Marvin Suggs, and Droop. Wow, DROOP! I got so hyped when I saw him, I hadn't seen that Frackle in years. The plot about Miss Piggy and Kermit's relationship was really good, too. I hope this show gets tons more seasons and by the way, me and my friends all agree, Uncle Deadly is AWESOME! :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Anything's possible. There's a good chance more forgotten characters may appear and there's even a good chance some of the Muppets that were in Muppets Most Wanted, like the Hobos, Calico, Walleye Pike, One-Eyed Jack, Miss Poogy, Blind Pew, Black Dog, and Annie Sue may appear eventually though that likely won't happen until the second season.
It definitely won't happen until the second season or later (if we get one), since this season has just finished.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't understand why there was a "plus 1" (which got miswritten as "plus 11"). So obviously it was to get a lot more characters who have not yet been on the show, but was there a special reason why employees were allowed "plus 1"? We don't even know who was invited by who.

I find it interesting that the only member of Geri and the Attrics to actually appear is the one who looks like Carter, who doesn't appear, and this member is shown right beside Howard Tubman.

Another thing I've noticed recently is that all the characters who have appeared since the reboot have had reasons to be there. Camilla returned after they brought up that she left Gonzo, Robin visited the set, and all these obscure characters show up because everyone was allowed to bring a friend. We haven't had random characters just showing up in the background (unless they were part of the crew in the first three episodes). I started wondering if they were holding off from showing too many characters in the background, in case the writers or whoever wanted to "properly" introduce characters (in this shows continuity). In this episode it's hard to tell if the Muppets know all of the characters who show up or not.

It seems like the studio is the only place where we see crowds of Muppets. I know that in the movies, we really only see Muppets in the background if it's supposed to be a place full of Muppets (like the screening room, Happiness Hotel, Manhattan Melodies, the boarding house, the sets of MCC and MTI, etc.), but I feel we should have had more of a Muppet presence outside of the set, or at least a bigger mix of Muppets and humans. Rowlf's Tavern would have been a great place to show characters who don't really work on the show (it would have been great to see Statler and Waldorf eating there as well). It also would have been great to see mixes of Muppet and human extras in situations like the retreat Kermit went to in "Pigs in a Blackout" or the class Piggy and Janice went to in "Got Silk", or more Muppet employees working at the hospital in "Generally Inhospitable". Even if they were just Whatnots or the kind of obscure characters fans don't necessarily care about.

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
Hey Muppet fans, I'm back!:fanatic:

Here's my review of the Season 1 finale "Because...Love" which by the way was way WAY overdue. My apologies for that. Here we go.

As the episode began, I really knew that Kermit was still in love with Piggy and forgot that everyone was watching the WHOLE time. :eek: So much for secrecy, I guess. And I felt everyone was pretty hard on Kermit to decide whether he should let Piggy know if he still loves her or not, especially with Team Love vs. Team Friendship. Don't get me wrong, but I'm all for love AND friendship; just seems unfair to pick just one.:flirt: As for Piggy, I say she was pretty happy to realize Kermit still loves her after how rocky things were between them all these years. Also, it was pretty sweet to see all the old characters coming back for the finale and joining Jack White singing, "You Are The Sunshine of My Life", which was Kermit and Piggy's song. In the end, I think it was pretty sweet that Kermit and Piggy admitted their feelings for each other on the plane, which leaves me wondering if they are getting back together for real. Well it just goes to show ya that love conquers all.:smile::mad:

With Season 1 done, all that's left to wonder is what will the future hold. We'll just have to wait for Season 2, which we hopefully soon get. Fingers crossed! Either way, the Muppets will always live on forever more!

:smile::embarrassed::concern::mad::wink::sympathy::shifty::rolleyes::confused::eek::big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo::hungry::attitude::fishy::sleep::boo::skeptical::news::grr::oops::fanatic::crazy::zany::cluck: