The Muppets Episode 14 - Little Green Lie

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Little Green Lie"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh,I see what you mean. I guess that's why TV is so unoriginal these days.
Oh yeah. Matter of fact, from some inside information I've heard, apparently the networks are currently trying wanting another Archie Bunker-type character right now . . . which is ironic, because one of the most common complaints from viewers is that TV today is overpopulated with unlikeable jerk characters - even this show has gotten complaints that the characters have been "too mean."

jobi71

Reaction score
Sorry for not exactly answering your question, but I don't think Robin is 5 any more (though he probably still isn't old enough to be in a bar anyways. Not sure why he was). On the Muppet Show, Scooter was fourteen. Since the fact that he still lives with his mother is a running gag, I'm guessing he has aged since then and I assume Robin has as well.
Was it ever stated Scooter was 14? Not meant as a challenge I just don't remember an age assigned to him. I know he was young (and in general younger than the others). I always assumed (perhaps wrongly) he was 16-18. Old enough to have a job and probably be through school - that was never mentioned. Robin's age was also a bit variable. He did sing a song called "I'm Five" but that doesn't mean he was five when he sang it.

jobi71

Reaction score
Oh yeah. Matter of fact, from some inside information I've heard, apparently the networks are currently trying wanting another Archie Bunker-type character right now . . . which is ironic, because one of the most common complaints from viewers is that TV today is overpopulated with unlikeable jerk characters - even this show has gotten complaints that the characters have been "too mean."
I would welcome an Archie Bunker type to TV. A well-written, well-performed character whose beliefs are almost 100% opposite of mine. And pair him with a handful of equally well-written, well-performed characters who often prove Archie wrong. And once in a great while Archie scores a victory and you (me or a random viewer) may need to reconsider some of their views. I have read enough of your posts D'Snowth to know you are aware of TV history and know what Archie and Norman Lear and the rest of the creators have contributed. So I can guess the subtext of your post (and I apologize if I am mistaken) is an Archie Bunker type without and nuance or character. In other words a Loud Mouth. Maybe they could get the Loud Mouth Dancer from season one to play the part? ;-)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I do believe you have me figured out very well, Jobi!

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Was it ever stated Scooter was 14? Not meant as a challenge I just don't remember an age assigned to him. I know he was young (and in general younger than the others). I always assumed (perhaps wrongly) he was 16-18. Old enough to have a job and probably be through school - that was never mentioned. Robin's age was also a bit variable. He did sing a song called "I'm Five" but that doesn't mean he was five when he sang it.
Yeah. From Muppet Wiki; "According toThe Muppet Show Style Book, Scooter is about 14 years old.[1]" (just realized it says "about 14" so I suppose he could be a bit older or younger.)

The Muppet Show Style Book was like a character guide book created by the Henson Company in case you're wondering.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I will attempt an answer. Based on the fact they were drinking milkshakes I wonder if Rowlf's tavern is like a TGIF (not a chain though) but with a bar and a restaurant together. We have not seen scripted proof of this, but I don't think Kermit and Piggy took him to Moe's Tavern.
Nevermind that Homer has brought all three of his kids to Moe's on several occasions.

Edit: Also, duh... isn't Rowlf one of their friends anyway, and therefore wouldn't Kermit want to take him to visit an old friend?

Last edited:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Nevermind that Homer has brought all three of his kids to Moe's on several occasions.

Edit: Also, duh... isn't Rowlf one of their friends anyway, and therefore wouldn't Kermit want to take him to visit an old friend?
I know that many pubs throughout Britain allow kids as long as they're accompanied by adults and the bartenders don't serve alcohol to them. At least that's what Rick Steves told me. :big_grin:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, the two girls at the end are Hilty Bowen and Kamilla Alnes.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I will attempt an answer. Based on the fact they were drinking milkshakes I wonder if Rowlf's tavern is like a TGIF (not a chain though) but with a bar and a restaurant together. We have not seen scripted proof of this, but I don't think Kermit and Piggy took him to Moe's Tavern.
I never thought about it before, but the fact that it could be a restaurant/bar type of place like TGIF or even Applebee's is definitely a posibility.