The Muppets Episode 14 - Little Green Lie

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Little Green Lie"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Gonzo, Rizzo, and Pepe continue to be my favorite part of the show.

This was another fantastic episode all around. There hasn't been a single bad episode all season IMO.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
This is what we were promised, the muppets in their personal lives, Up Late with Miss Piggy is a nice backdrop and it's fun to see the show, but really this is the muppet show I wanted and I'm pretty sure most of us did.

Pros

• Drunk Pepe :rolleyes:
  • Sam the Eagle, Chip, and Big Mean Carl were hilarious
  • Lara Spencer from GMA
  • Rowlf gets a couple of lines
  • Laser Tag
  • Scooter's Twitter
  • The few lines Fozzie got and some mention of Becky
  • Rizzo stuck to the Corn Flakes
  • The Family Feud Sketch, no real cows since 1972 :sing:
  • Robin was really great
  • More use of muppets we really haven't seen since the reboot.

Cons

• Fozzie doesn't get a plot
  • They had to use the old cliche

Though I do wonder why there aren't any big guest stars anymore, not that I really care but no A-listers, more C-listers since the reboot, it seems like they rushed through a list of famous names for the first three episodes and then had to go back a notch and do more of a guest star of the week, and now they're basically empty, again it doesn't really matter I'd rather watch the muppets than some big name guest star, but still kind of strange. Overall, great episode easily the best since the reboot began, and probably one of my favorites up there with "Going, Going, Gonzo", though really sad that this is basically it, we were just getting started and now we just have two more episodes and it's over, still I will continue to enjoy these episodes, and this one was one of the best of the season.

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
Don't know who's performing Robin (Vogel?) but it's pretty darn close to Nelson's Robin. Also loved hearing Rowlf sing again. Baretta nailed it!

Also loved the gags with Gonzo, Pepe & Rizzo. I love ironic humor--Pepe and Rizzo think they're chick magnets :smile:cluck::cluck::cluck: Bawk! Bawk! LOL), but it's Sam Carl & Chip--the Muppet pantheon's least likely ladies men--that did successful pickups!

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
A really enjoyable funny episode like others have said. My highlights:

:smile::mad: Almost there! A few times I wondered if they might kiss or end up back together, but I was very glad they both didn't want that. That's something that should be saved for next week.

It was so nice to finally see Robin again! Piggy being so close to him was a very pleasant surprise. I love how she seems to love him as much as Kermit does and tried her best to keep up the illusion. Aunt Miss Piggy indeed.

Wish we could've seen Gonzo and Camilla get back together, but I've missed their relationship since the show started so since there isn't much time left I'm just happy to see them together again.

I could see Camilla's friends being hot human women coming a mile away, but they managed to have fun with it at the end asking where those feathers came from. Poor Camilla. :cluck:

I've never liked Pepe. I thought he was an annoying addition to the Muppet gang. However this show has slowly been changing my mind, and now I can't picture Rizzo and Gonzo without him. :concern::shifty::rolleyes: Drunk Pepe was especially hilarious. Something I love about this show is how muppets other than the main ones have been getting enough screen time where we really get to know them better. Which brings me to my last, but certainly not least muppet...

Uncle Deadly. Nothing more needs to be said other than he needs lots of screen time in whatever the next muppet project is.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Now please someone tell me this show was watched???

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll admit. When I heard about the show's only guest star being a Good Morning America anchor, and only because of synergy, I was a little worried. Seeing the episode, they could have written her part as anyone, and that's the only tiny complaint I have. This episode really didn't need a guest star and she was shoehorned in. I'm glad the plots revolved around the characters, whether it's out of necessity or not.

I really like how, no matter how awkward at best and nasty at worst Piggy's relationships with the characters have (and usually have) been, she has a very positive relationship with Robin. It would be cruel to make her diva-ish to a child, especially one related to Kermit. Tap dancing around their break up while making a sort of subliminal meta joke about how the casual fans were turned off by Kermit and Piggy not being lovey dovey together the entire series so far. Scooter blabbing it to the media while Kermit and Piggy try very hard not just to say that they're a couple, but trying to deny the fact that they should be. Robin even stops to point it out. His parents grew apart, but Piggy and Kermit was his constant and role model for a relationship.

The bit at the end where Rowlf was singing the song from Casablanca (clearly an intended homage), and Kermit and Piggy yell "not helping!"

Gonzo, Rizzo, and Pepe continue to be my favorite part of the show.
Even since MFS, I really think that Pepe, Rizzo, and Gonzo are a winning combination. Those three (and the new characters from MT) were the best part of that film, and the sign that it is indeed a good film at least in part. They're really rocking this series, and they're segments are much more fun than they need to be. Love how Camilla is back in the mix and how she's used as an awkward 4th wheel, throwing the balance off for the group. Loved how they assumed she wanted to watch Chicken Run when she really said Logan's Run. Also loved seeing a depressed, drunk Pepe pretty much realizing his woman hopping wasn't satisfying him, missing Gonzo, and the sad single friend of a couple dilemma, having one of their friends grow up around them while nothing changes. At least, that's what I'm taking out of it.

I also like how they showed just enough of the show to give the audience a small taste, but not big enough that it cuts too deep into the story, Thirty Rock style. Anyone else think Janice's line about keeping cows in a freezer is an unintentional reference to the comic strip where she was talking about an Avocado (or some vegetation) Ranch ("Having to brand those poor Avocados" or something like that)? Great to see Carl eat FooFoo, only for him to cough him up several scenes later. The show needs more of that.

Anyway, this is the thing about the show that frustrates me. The show has a lot of potential and I'll admit the first part of the season sort of used it. They really sped up the Denise and Kermit eventually breaking up bit, and it really seems this kind of story was what the love triangle needed. There was a lot of drama to be tapped and while they certainly could have done a lot more with it before the break up happened, they certainly are getting mileage out of it now. But what makes it doubly frustrating is the lack of an audience almost guaranteeing the show's end. These last few episodes really showed that something was there and if it went onto another season they could have found a better balance between the Muppet characters and the docudramacomedy format, free of first season jitters. There's a lot more that can be done with the show and the characters, but unless ABC digs its heels in and refuses to treat this as a failure, we're not going to see that.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Don't know who's performing Robin (Vogel?) but it's pretty darn close to Nelson's Robin. Also loved hearing Rowlf sing again. Baretta nailed it!
Yeah. I'm pretty sure that was Matt and Robin seemed to sound a lot better here than he did on the Disney Park's Christmas Parade. Like I said, the more Matt works with Robin, the better he'll be come.

Uncle Deadly. Nothing more needs to be said other than he needs lots of screen time in whatever the next muppet project is.
I noticed Deadly's role was relatively small in this one, but I guess it's okay, because it gave the other characters more airtime.

I really like how, no matter how awkward at best and nasty at worst Piggy's relationships with the characters have (and usually have) been, she has a very positive relationship with Robin. It would be cruel to make her diva-ish to a child, especially one related to Kermit.
Of course, we have seen that on Good Luck Charlie. But they do seem to be making amends for that and now showing her soft side around children.

Great to see Carl eat FooFoo, only for him to cough him up several scenes later. The show needs more of that.
I always thought Foo Foo was a girl actually.

They really sped up the Denise and Kermit eventually breaking up bit, and it really seems this kind of story was what the love triangle needed.
Yeah, I can picture an Archie/Betty/Veronica-type love triangle with Kermit, Denise and Piggy, but I guess with only one episode left, it would be hard to work that out. Still it would be good to have her return in the finale.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Of course, we have seen that on Good Luck Charlie. But they do seem to be making amends for that and now showing her soft side around children.
I chose to pretend that didn't happen. You all know my stances on Disney's Tweencoms (though, I can't lie. If I was much younger, maybe I'd enjoy the family of spies one).

Yeah, I can picture an Archie/Betty/Veronica-type love triangle with Kermit, Denise and Piggy, but I guess with only one episode left, it would be hard to work that out. Still it would be good to have her return in the finale.
I have the feeling the writers aren't taking any chances about the show getting a second season and not wanting to "Neighbors" or "My Name is Earl" themselves into a corner that doesn't get resolved. Ideally, I'd love to see an arc where Denise and Kermit make amends faster than Kermit and Piggy, and Kermit has to juggle them through a series of misunderstandings, leading him to lose both, only for Piggy to come back around again. That's certainly what a season 2 storyline would be to me. Perhaps cliche ridden, but I could see it working out.