The Muppets Episode 12 - A Tail of Two Piggies

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "A Tail of Two Piggies"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Ok so I just finished re watching "the muppets." Presentation pilot or whatever you want to call it and I've realized what's missing and why a lot of people turned away from the show. The pilot told viewers that they'd be seeing the personal lives of the Muppets, and the pilot was also a lot light more hearted and zany compared to some of the earlier episodes. So far we haven't seen much personal life on the show (a little with the main characters but not a whole lot) and I feel like the new direction of the show is kind of going that way but it's still all centering around Up Late with Miss Piggy. The wacky and zaniness is coming back more and more with each episode which is great.

I just think that what the pilot that everyone saw vs. the first couple of episodes were totally different in tone. If the first episode was something like "a tail of two piggies" I think people the viewership would be more consistent and higher.

And overall, after seeing the pilot after watching the whole season so far, I'm going to have to say that I like the pilot better than the show. I still love the show, but there was something special about the pilot that didn't translate well into the actual show. Does anyone else think this, or am I just crazy?
Yes that's it, something wasn't connecting, that presentation had more personal lives stuff, the show is just Up Late, I would rather have seen more of their lives myself, the putting on a show thing has been used too much.

Muppy

Reaction score
Yes that's it, something wasn't connecting, that presentation had more personal lives stuff, the show is just Up Late, I would rather have seen more of their lives myself, the putting on a show thing has been used too much.
Even just little things, like Kermit driving on the highway and Animal zooming past on his motorcycle or learning what the Muppets did with their money (like in the pilot) would add a lot to the show. I don't think bringing sketches to the show is going to do much becuase people want to see the personal lives of the Muppets not more of Up Late with Miss Piggy. The show within a show was just supposed to be a background not the main thing. The next few episodes look like they're kind of getting away from the show but I'm hoping by season 2 (if there is one) Up Late with Miss Piggy will just be referenced every once in a while and we get to see the muppets living their lives, going on vacation etc.

Grovette

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a preview for the new episode?

I've seen a promo every week until now. :confused:
Looked everywhere... YouTube, Muppet sites, FB...

Did ABC stop promoting the show or something?
:sympathy:

I know RuPaul is a guest, which is so exciting cos I love RuPaul. :flirt:

jobi71

Reaction score
I think the creators relied to heavily on the dating plotline as their personal lives. Piggy and Kermit used to date. Piggy dated Topher Grace. Kermit is dating Denise. Fozzie is dating Becky. Becky's parents don't want Becky dating Fozzie. Gonzo and Camilla used to date. Gonzo attempts a date with Debbie. Debbie instead dates Liam Hemsworth. Yolanda and Rizzo have a date. Sam would like to date Janice. Janice and Floyd have a cool dating understanding, however, Janice used to date Dr. Teeth. Chelsea Handler would like to date Scooter. Scooter is too shy to date. Pepe has dated everyone. There have been some exceptions like seeing all the gang at karaoke. So, in future stories I would like to see less of the romantic meshings of characters. So, I would like to see as the previous poster mentioned some more mundane aspects of their lives (infused of course with a Muppety take). Like a vacation. Or a full episode from Rowlf's point of view. I like that some characters - Deadly, Zoot, Big Mean Carl are mysteries, so I don't mind a clue here or there, but I don't need to see them make breakfast. Also I would like to see some guest stars play characters other than themselves like in The Muppet Movie. I know it's a thing to have famous people play less than flattering versions of themselves, but I bet a lot of funny stuff could result.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a preview for the new episode?

I've seen a promo every week until now. :confused:
Looked everywhere... YouTube, Muppet sites, FB...

Did ABC stop promoting the show or something?
:sympathy:

I know RuPaul is a guest, which is so exciting cos I love RuPaul. :flirt:
Likely due to low ratings, they might advertise the season finale, but it's not really looking good for the show, coming after a hiatus to season low is not good, and ABC had faith in the show, they reran it so much during the hiatus, even like a 4 episode mini marathon on a Sunday, though sadly it didn't help, and I understand why ABC is doing this, from a business standpoint, a show doesn't do well, no point in advertising it anymore, from a fan standpoint, it's sad to see how much the show has failed in the ratings, and that we probably won't get a second season, that's just my two cents, maybe someway ABC renews it, but it really doesn't seem likely.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Likely due to low ratings, they might advertise the season finale, but it's not really looking good for the show, coming after a hiatus to season low is not good, and ABC had faith in the show, they reran it so much during the hiatus, even like a 4 episode mini marathon on a Sunday, though sadly it didn't help, and I understand why ABC is doing this, from a business standpoint, a show doesn't do well, no point in advertising it anymore, from a fan standpoint, it's sad to see how much the show has failed in the ratings, and that we probably won't get a second season, that's just my two cents, maybe someway ABC renews it, but it really doesn't seem likely.
Excuse me for this:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Bump.

Accidentally marked this episode as so so. Stupid touch screen phones. :rolleyes:

Anyway....

I found this episode to be MUCH funnier than the last one! The storyline of Piggy’s tail was really funny, and everyone wearing their own “tails” was gold! I thought Piggy’s interaction with Alynda was really cute. Some bits like Sweetums messing up on set and Fozzie’s joke about it being a Godzilla movie had me dying of laughter. Joan Jett’s performance of “Bad Reputation” at the end was great!

Only thing I didn’t like was seeing Pepe naked. He couldn’t pull it off. I actually screamed poop when I saw that. (As I told @Froggy Fool on DM. :wink: )

Overall, really funny episode!