The Muppets Episode 7 - Pig's in a Blackout

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig's in a Blackout"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

Votes: 46 92.0%
  • Bork bork! This episode was good.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Mee mee. This episode was so-so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LinkLady77

Reaction score
I'm wondering if they're holding off on releasing them until the new Star Wars movie comes out.

Totally psyched for Matt's take on Strangepork (at least, I'm assuming he'll be Strangepork)!

You know, since Disney owns both the Muppets and the Star Wars franchise now, it's too bad they aren't throwing one of the PIS shorts in theaters to accompany the new SW movie.
Wow! I didn't know they were doing that! I hope that they're good and don't have typical Miss Piggy karate chop endings. I loved the PIS sketches that had guest stars in them. With the new green screen technology, I look forward to what they can do with the characters!

Last edited:

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Postscript to my original review: The Sam-and-Janice update almost worked ("Well, that's TWO places we've been together - Hawaii and HERE!") but I still haven't figured out what to think of Sam trying to break the ice by asking Janice if she likes snorkeling. Janice's reply was pretty funny but Sam felt like the weirdest choice of a Muppet to be into snorkeling (especially since the actual Sam puppet would probably sink like a stone if it ever got wet).

jobi71

Reaction score
Postscript to my original review: The Sam-and-Janice update almost worked ("Well, that's TWO places we've been together - Hawaii and HERE!") but I still haven't figured out what to think of Sam trying to break the ice by asking Janice if she likes snorkeling. Janice's reply was pretty funny but Sam felt like the weirdest choice of a Muppet to be into snorkeling (especially since the actual Sam puppet would probably sink like a stone if it ever got wet).
Snorkeling is one of the biggest attractions to do in Hawaii. I am guessing he was trying to think of something Hawaii themed to continue the conversation. His other options could have been volcano climbing (another real thing there) or a Luau. My guess is the writers picked the one had would get the funniest response from Janice.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I agree that this is the most Muppet-y episode so far. But while the Scooter plotline was great and fun, I didn't care much for the Kermit plot (aside from the Kermit and Rowlf scene, and Kermit turning his back yard into a swamp). I'm not really into things like stress control or hippie ways of thinking (which that kind of control seems to me... In fact in the last few episodes I was worried that Janice would become "too hippie" for me). The Kermit scenes kind of remind me of Animal taking anger management in the 2011 film (and I feel Animal's anger management was one of the weakest things in the film).

So far, Hostile Makeover and Pig Out are both better episodes. And maybe a few others.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
So I rewatched both this and the Nancy Walker episode of TMS, both have similar plotlines, except Fozzie is the one who fails to run the show in the TMS episode though Scooter is fairly prominent in it. I really don't understand people calling the show heartless and mean, the muppets episode had way more heart than the TMS episode. Not to say I didn't love the TMS episode, it was hilarious, but the muppets episode had Scooter failing to run the show and Gonzo comforting him, and giving him the confidence to go on. The TMS episode had Scooter reading a letter that he wrote, telling Fozzie its from Nancy Walker saying it was an honor to have him as a host, and the frog was holding you back. Now both scenes were really good, but while the TMS episode made the scence comedic with Scooter admitting he wrote the letter after Fozzie runs off to stage, the muppets episode handeled it with heart. So while I like both episodes, I can't see why people are complaining about the warmth of the series when it has more heart then an episode of the classic show.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
but while the TMS episode made the scence comedic with Scooter admitting he wrote the letter after Fozzie runs off to stage, the muppets episode handeled it with heart. So while I like both episodes, I can't see why people are complaining about the warmth of the series when it has more heart then an episode of the classic show.
Well the thing is, I wouldn't mind if the new show went for comedic in that moment instead of heart. The issue people have had is that when the show went to comedic, it could come off as mean spirited. I don't want the show to switch back and forth from mean spirited comedy to heart. I just want them to improve the comedy.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Bump.

So, the last 2 days I actually got a bit distracted and haven't posted my reviews. So I'll put down three for today.

Anyway:

Much better than the last one! The plot of Kermit trying to relieve his stress, only for Jason to ruin it was funny. It was also cool to see Kermit singing Rainbow Connection at the end (and it being a good song, I instantly listened to the original performance afterwards). Scooter messing up the AC was pretty funny too (though you can’t help but feel bad at the same time). The cold opening with the butter and the elevator had me dying of laughter, and I also loved when Sam kept trying to make a move on Janice, only for her to be completely oblivious.

Definitely a great episode!