The Muppets Episode 7 - Pig's in a Blackout

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig's in a Blackout"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

Votes: 46 92.0%
  • Bork bork! This episode was good.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Mee mee. This episode was so-so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lourenzo

Reaction score
When has scooter been implied to be gay? Why is pottery a gay man activity?

Also Uncle Deadly not being a phantom. Well...there not in a theater anymore, so there's nothing for him to haunt. Either way we have gotten some darkly humorous lines from him ("Im good at hiding things").

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Speaking of YouTube shorts, when are those Pigs in Space shorts coming out???
I'm wondering if they're holding off on releasing them until the new Star Wars movie comes out.

Totally psyched for Matt's take on Strangepork (at least, I'm assuming he'll be Strangepork)!

You know, since Disney owns both the Muppets and the Star Wars franchise now, it's too bad they aren't throwing one of the PIS shorts in theaters to accompany the new SW movie.

Last edited:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
When has scooter been implied to be gay?
I'll have to start skimming the episodes. I could've sworn there were hints in there.

Okay, Pig's in a Blackout - "Like Patrick Dempsey would ever let me rub him down with butter, ehrm..." I don't know what they were implying there, but to me it hinted at the point I'm trying to make. To me this makes it sound like he wants to do it.

Why is pottery a gay man activity?
It's not.

My favorite scenes so far are when they're in the planning room, like when they were trying to figure out what Kermit should get Denise. The sheer stupidity is just amazing.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
well is deadly a ghost or not? is he just a phantom as in a living phantom or a ghostly phantom. I onyl asked because of the killed thing unless "killed by the critics" means something diffeent.
and yes deadly i creepy and I LIKE him creepy. When he was actually introduced on TMS (not the vincent price episode the Twiggy episode) he scared everyone in the theater with the whole "YOU WILL BE DOOOOOOOOOMED!!!" thing. XD
Too bad they never did a halloween episode. a halloween plot for uncle deadly would have been awesome.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
"Killed by the critics" just means received unfavorably or panned by the critics, not actually physically killed.

ploobis

Reaction score
I just think of Uncle Deadly as an Abstract Monster. Many Muppet characters are Abstract Beings.

MUPPETFAN1976

Reaction score
Let me tell you my thoughts about this episode.

Scooter, Scooter, Scooter. Why did you mess with the "air conditioner?" You should've known not to mess with it in the first place.

And Kermit. Why would you use a phone in a yoga class? You know you can't do so! Poor Jason.

Poor Piggy too! Being stuck up in the elevator. You all at least could've helped her!

And then, there's the end. Oohh boy. Rainbow Connection. My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE Muppet Song of all time! Always get a tear to my eye every time. Beautiful way to end it!

Excellent Episode!

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
thanks for clarifying blue, though I still think of him as some kind of ghost. He just liked to haunt places with the muppets and they don't seem to mind all that much.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The best thing about this show is Fozzie is back. When was the last time Foxxie was the struggling comedian, In MMW it was, hi im fozzie i say stupid things because im stupid waka waka, this happened in MTI and MFS as well. The last time he was the real Fozzie was in TMS and the classic muppet movies, and in VMX as well. I'm glad they've stopped making him the dumb supposed comic relief, and made him back to who he really is.

jobi71

Reaction score
well is deadly a ghost or not? is he just a phantom as in a living phantom or a ghostly phantom. I onyl asked because of the killed thing unless "killed by the critics" means something diffeent.
and yes deadly i creepy and I LIKE him creepy. When he was actually introduced on TMS (not the vincent price episode the Twiggy episode) he scared everyone in the theater with the whole "YOU WILL BE DOOOOOOOOOMED!!!" thing. XD
Too bad they never did a halloween episode. a halloween plot for uncle deadly would have been awesome.
Deadly isn't a ghost. As someone said above getting killed by the critics means getting really bad reviews. Reviews that probably "killed" his career. Jerry Nelson said his two inspirations for Deadly were hammy Shakespearean actors and John Carradine. Carradine was a character actor in the 1940's-1980's. He was in hundreds of movies a lot of them horror or B movies playing mad scientist types. Chris Cooper in publicity for The Muppets (2011) said "And for my henchman they built this blue dragon with glowing eyes." Now we may scold Cooper for not knowing Deadly dates to the original Muppet Show, but him calling Deadly a dragon makes sense to me. A small dragon to be sure. Or as someone else said he may just be an abstract monster.

And since you asked about future plots the one I would like to see first is a story involving the writers' room. Gonzo, Rizzo and Pepe I think would be very funny. I would like to see Rowlf used more. I think how he was used in the last episode was perfect. I'd like to see him have some meaningful scenes with any of the other characters. I am not sure for a whole plot for Deadly. In my opinion Deadly, Yolanda and Big Mean Carl are the standouts in the supporting cast. But one of the reasons I think they are so good is they come in and do their bit and leave. If any of these three had a plot to themselves it might be too much of a good thing. Now someone else above mentioned maybe a Piggy/Deadly story. I could see a lot of possible fun if he were paired with someone.