The Muppets Episode 7 - Pig's in a Blackout

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig's in a Blackout"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

Votes: 46 92.0%
  • Bork bork! This episode was good.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Mee mee. This episode was so-so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

terrimonster

Reaction score
i wish they'd get rid of chip, myself. he terrifies me.
I get that creepy aspect, but he is maybe my favorite thing about this show. I have laughed out loud more consistently at Chip's stuff than anything else. Maybe it's just because I'm in software and I've been known a lot of people like Chip, but I think he's a great character.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah the band especially Janice and Dr.Teeth never really had that much personality.They were the hip and down for anything group who laughed a lot and played instruments,that's about it.
Oh, there was a lot more to them than that. The joke with the band was that they spent more time worrying about their hip image than their music. ("Things are rully gonna break as soon as we get our new glossies!" :flirt:)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I can see that. But, I don't think we've ever seen their dynamic as individuals within the band, i.e. their relationship to each other. Floyd/Janice - Floyd/Animal have clearly defined connections, but what does Zoot think of everyone? How about Lips? Or Dr. Teeth? Those are things worth exploring.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Those are things worth exploring.
Absolutely! Just not sure how well this show understands them to begin with, which makes further exploration difficult. :wink:

what does Zoot think of everyone?
Thing is, characters aren't like real people. They have parameters. Go outside those parameters and they become unrecognizable. And deceptively simple characters like Zoot and Animal say a lot even when saying very little.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
poor zoot. he seems to be so lost most of the time. I hope it's not an early onset of Alzheimers or something.

aside from the space cadet janice thing and the cringe inducing scenes between her and same and the frustrating moments with kermit and jason whatisface I really did like this episode. It was funny and entertaining, I complain a lot about things yeah but it's because I care not because I hate the show. Please don't think that.

LinkLady77

Reaction score
I'm rewatching the first season of The Muppet Show at the moment - early Piggy actually does snort sometimes.
You're right...I remember her snorting while planting several kisses on Kermit!! I was in hysterics when I saw Link happily snorting his way through the pot of swill that Chef Roach made for him in the JHH "Food" episode. Early Fozzie used to growl a bit as well on TMS. Fozzie's too cute to sound scary when he growls though :embarrassed:, hee hee.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Absolutely! Just not sure how well this show understands them to begin with, which makes further exploration difficult. :wink:

Thing is, characters aren't like real people. They have parameters. Go outside those parameters and they become unrecognizable. And deceptively simple characters like Zoot and Animal say a lot even when saying very little.
As usual, you're wrong. :rolleyes:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
poor zoot. he seems to be so lost most of the time. I hope it's not an early onset of Alzheimers or something.

aside from the space cadet janice thing and the cringe inducing scenes between her and same and the frustrating moments with kermit and jason whatisface I really did like this episode. It was funny and entertaining, I complain a lot about things yeah but it's because I care not because I hate the show. Please don't think that.
Aside from TMS season 1, give me an example of Zoot being 100% on the ball.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
an no her and sam as a couple is gross and I really wish they'd drop the plot. I just hope floyd gets jealous and beats the tar out of him for trying.
I feel like he shouldn't even be trying in the first place.

does Chip seem to be a semi-replacement for Beauregard? Dave and the writers are clearly enjoying themselves with Chip (can you blame them?). It's easy to see why they might overlook Beau. Chip's line about mopping a floor for the first time somehow struck me as Beau-esque (and not just because Beau is a janitor).
OMG, I forgot about :oops:! It appears Chip and Deadly have equally taken over for him. Muppet Wiki says Beau was in the background in ep. 1 but I must have missed him. So weird considering he's a Dave Goelz character too. Prady really must've been pushing for Chip.

Blue Frackle, I disagree. They ARE being faithful to the B-list characters.
To each his own. I just never envisioned the day where Scooter would be a borderline queer momma's boy and Janice would be so philosophical in cosmic ways I'd never imagine the Muppets getting into.