The Muppets Episode 7 - Pig's in a Blackout

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig's in a Blackout"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

Votes: 46 92.0%
  • Bork bork! This episode was good.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Mee mee. This episode was so-so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Good episode but... I am wondering... what in the world is Janice smoking? She seems really out there. Like in the milky way.

and that jason person is a real jerk. Poor kermit.
still wondering when uncle deadly get to have a plotline. He's so awesome.

beaker

Reaction score
Holy goodness they knocked it out of the park with this one!

All out Muppet mayhem! Rhonda once again proving she's now one of the top main characters. Rowlf finally has a scene! The Sam/Janice C-story is back!
Jason the Bateman! Hilarious take on the obligatory Rainbow Connection!
Glad Carl was back in full form. No Fozzie B story, thank goodness. Im loving the trio of Gonzo, Rizzo and Pepe as madcap writers. Tho Gonzo shined in a more heartfelt role. Scooter is trying to steer a crazy ship at Kermit's request, trying to be a good son...but still seems uh, in the closet.

Gonna have to rewatch this one to catch everything, but best episode so far of the new series. Hoping they keep getting better and better with writing and ratings!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Gosh I loved this episode. Piggy and Denise competing while not being jerks to one another, Gonzo getting to be a piece in a storyline, Rowlf popping up for some great screen time, and Chip made some friends. Great stuff!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
You can tell that when everything was falling apart that Kermit and Piggy still care deeply about each other. Did you notice that sine the show has began that this was the first time Piggy called Kermit Kirmy?
They both still have strong feelings for one another, now if they would realize that themselves.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
And there were plenty of scenes where you could not just substitute the cast of The Office.
True, which reminds me: It would've been nice to get some closure on Fozzie, even though we know he'll be fine.

Add me to those who are not fans of cursing Muppets, but I feel like Rowlf is the one who can get away with what he said. It somehow sounds even more mild from him. I kept thinking he was going to launch into a short Rowlf-esque song, which would have been the only thing that would have improved what was already a great episode.
Agreed. He is just such a professional and so good-hearted I don't have an issue with it.

Good episode but... I am wondering... what in the world is Janice smoking? She seems really out there. Like in the milky way.
Agreed. I don't like how a lot of the characters who didn't have much to them other than one thing are being developed into heavy stereotypes. I'm fine with what they're doing with Zoot, but Floyd being the paranoid conspiracy theorist, Janice is way too "out there" (that's never how she was portrayed or I envisioned her), I feel like Sam is a bit too light-hearted in this show; I don't really feel like the writers know the B-list characters all too well, or they're trying to rewrite them on very basic terms. Like Gonzo is the Gonzo we've always known but they have taken a completely new approach with Scooter. I just wish they were a little more faithful.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, The Muppets didn't do that bad last night, it was up against The Voice, and the shows after it barely did any better, in viewership muppets was the highest of the night for ABC, and Disney brand shows that are owned by ABC have a lot of leverage, it was probably just an off night, so we should keep our hopes up for the show.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Anyone else realize the reused storyline, in the Nancy Walker TMS episode, Kermit has the swine flu, so Scooter and the rest struggle to put on the show, really great episode, but it doesn't really matter, because this episode was still really good, and I hope we get more quality episodes like this.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
blue frackle janice has never acted that way before that's why you don't remember her being.. in space. yeah she liked organic food and stuff but she never acted like that. I hope she isn't on LSD or something weird like that.
an no her and sam as a couple is gross and I really wish they'd drop the plot. I just hope floyd gets jealous and beats the tar out of him for trying.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
blue frackle janice has never acted that way before that's why you don't remember her being.. in space. yeah she liked organic food and stuff but she never acted like that. I hope she isn't on LSD or something weird like that.
an no her and sam as a couple is gross and I really wish they'd drop the plot. I just hope floyd gets jealous and beats the tar out of him for trying.
Not going to happen!!!