The Muppets Episode 6 - The Ex-Factor

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "The Ex-Factor"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
He confronted the Dark One and they turned him into a tree. This upcoming episode, that Dark One is apparently, the very first dark one ever!
I am hoping he firs dark one will be the horned king from the black cauldron because that would be awesome.

also the promo. kermit singing rainbow connection SQUEEEEE!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, Horned King would be awesome... And Pridain is medieval or Celtic enough (based on Welsh mythology) that they can get away with bringing him in as an enemy to Arthur. But I'm still waiting for Hades!

*Leaves muffins for other Muppet fans in this thread.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
I am hoping he firs dark one will be the horned king from the black cauldron because that would be awesome.

also the promo. kermit singing rainbow connection SQUEEEEE!
OUAT - Not sure; person is wearing a mask. I have read reports that Pan, Cora, and...ugh, dang it, can't remember the other person, are back for the 100th episode and they're introducing what seems to be non-Disney villain? Maybe?

Mupps - Am I the only one who noticed that Kermit's a little wobbly and off-key? It sounds like it might be on purpose, seeing as he gets yelled at. Actually, his come back sounds like Rainbow Connection is brought up earlier or repeatedly.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
@WMG, yes, twas reported that Emma Caulfield (Anyanca from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) will reprise her role as the Blind Witch for OUAT's 100th.

Interesting that Rainbow Connection is being featured in the next episode, what with Gwen Stefani's version part of the new Disney covers album released last week. :sing:

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
OK. I generally liked this episode because it shows a side of Piggy that I hadn't expected. When I first heard that Piggy was giving Kermit gift advice for Denise, what I assumed the outcome would be that she'd suggest a gift that would embarrass, offend or hurt Denise (invariably resulting in Denise breaking up with Kermit) or otherwise get revenge for Kermit breaking up with her. She's plotted against Lynn Redgrave, Linda Rhonstadt and other females that she has seen Kermit with, so that was what I was expecting, but apparently I was wrong. This is a good thing IMHO.

Also, the debate about who is the "leader" of the Electric Mayhem was interesting--for a while I assumed it was Dr. Teeth since his name IS in the band's (full) name after all!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I feel like there should have been another scene with Kristen Chenowith and the band, maybe them forgiving her and picking her up, or her catching up with them.

And they realize that they didn't have these problems until she showed up, but the issues are still there. I guess they forgot about them or something.

So nobody in the band gets paid, considering Animal, Zoot, and maybe Lips get surprised about Dr. Teeth's line about Janice getting a paycheck? And is Janice the only one to get paid (well, if she gets paid than Dr. Teeth does)? I've seen a few other works of fiction where somebody is surprised to hear that co-workers get paid, I wonder if there's a trope for that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wait.... So Janice isn't interested in being anyones lady, but she used to be Dr. Teeth's lady? Could he have been the reason she decided not to be tied to a man, or could he have been just as oblivious as Floyd?

Also, I recently realized that Tinder is a website.... I was confused by Floyd's "I shut down my Tiner for you" (actually, I thought he meant they had been tender together), and didn't realize that Kristen Chenowith's "I didn't mean to bring up a tender topic" line was meant as a joke (though I felt a slight sense of her joking).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Bump-bump-bump-bump, buuuuuump.

Anyway....

My review:

I thought this episode was okay. I don’t really care for Denise; her character just feels very one-note and forced. So I thought her story with Kermit was cute, but that’s as much as I can say.

What really stood out for me was the side story of the Electric Mayhem’s little conflict, ending with the band leaving Christina behind. I personally wish this was the main story.

Overall, just an okay episode.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Bump-bump-bump-bump, buuuuuump.

Anyway....

My review:

I thought this episode was okay. I don’t really care for Denise; her character just feels very one-note and forced. So I thought her story with Kermit was cute, but that’s as much as I can say.

What really stood out for me was the side story of the Electric Mayhem’s little conflict, ending with the band leaving Christina behind. I personally wish this was the main story.

Overall, just an okay episode.
I've been saying this for a while, but the Band is hot right now! Ironically young girls love Janice and identify with her way more than Piggy. They really need to do more with the band.